[Albion] Positives from today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have a very clever manager who has coached a mix of players into style, and with increasing substance.

How many ball steals tonight?

How much calm defending? Maureen threw his kitchen sink at us at the end and we went . . . 'whatever?'

We can start thinking about attracting an ambitious young striker or two (the missing bit), going forward, what with all the drooling in the media, and the evidence of the eyes of anyone bothering to watch: "I could transform the fortunes of that cracking club" should be in the mind of a young turk. Sing him up.

But it is the consistency of our performances, win lose or draw, the attitude (relaxed, measured, planned) and the certainty that I like.

I have watched many harum scarum up-and-attem EPL performances from the likes of Fullem, Bumley, Blunts, Wolves, Palarse and others this season. I'd prefer to be us every time. Love this club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I always start one of these thread so I’m not missing the chance tonight:

- Home Win!!!!! Gets that monkey off our back
- Three clean sheets in a row in the league (3 and a half games including 2nd half v Wolves)
- A settled team which really seems to know the shape and system.
- Trossard back and looking sharp
- Gross absolutely outstanding and Mac Alistair also excellent
- Sanchez just looks so solid
- March was brilliant defensively
- 7 point gap to relegation and really catching some of those above us.

A free hit away to Liverpool then a real chance to get at Burnley.

I really don’t wanna be a pedant but you mean 3 1/3 including Man City half I think - as that was after Wolves...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My positive? I know a Spurs fan. He's been WhatsApped and it's currently sat there on read.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are somewhat fortunate that the global pandemic has hit at this time as it means we will keep White, Bissouma & Mac a good while longer. Even maybe include Webster in that group. The spine of team is built on players 25 and under who clearly could step up into any of the top 6 in my opinion

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Had a few so havn`t read the thread yet so sorry if i repeat .
We were so damn good tonight for perhaps 70 mins , we defended brilliantly , all our lads gave a good shout . But without being greedy , we need that killer second goal . Annoyed that our first sub was a defender , we should imho have put Tau on for Maupay , he is so hungry and would have shown more urgency in their box . But overall i thought we got what we deserved , well done lads well done GP .
ps : no king second corner taker:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
- still so under the radar. We were exceptional, press solely focusing on their ineptitude

A selection of headlines from google:

Evening Standard: Brighton 1-0 Tottenham: Spurs abject without Harry Kane as Leandro Trossard seals rare home Seagulls win

The Independant: Brighton secure first league win of season as Leandro Trossard sinks lacklustre Tottenham

The Telegraph: Brighton finally earn first home victory over a plodding Tottenham mired in timidity

beINSports: Brighton and Hove Albion 1-0 Tottenham: Sorry Spurs suffer in Kane's absence

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A selection of headlines from google:

Evening Standard: Brighton 1-0 Tottenham: Spurs abject without Harry Kane as Leandro Trossard seals rare home Seagulls win

The Independant: Brighton secure first league win of season as Leandro Trossard sinks lacklustre Tottenham

The Telegraph: Brighton finally earn first home victory over a plodding Tottenham mired in timidity

beINSports: Brighton and Hove Albion 1-0 Tottenham: Sorry Spurs suffer in Kane's absence

It’s an absolute joke.

- Liverpool’s XG against us 0.25
- Leeds XG against us their lowest in three seasons under Bielsa
- United had 6 shots against us
- Palace mustered one shot, a penalty
- City only scored one at the Etihad
- Spurs XG tonight 0.37

We are a VERY good side that takes games to teams and also stops them playing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imagine when Lamptey is back...

Veltman has done really well but is clearly out of position. I think with him in the side we may we’ll have beaten Fulham and got the second tonight with all that space down the right. I really do. Can’t wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports