Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
4 positives:

1) That we shower character and heart which I thought was gone after the Bournemouth match and first half.

2) March looks good since coming back from injury - hope he starts next week;

3) Schelotto can play a part still - even if just in cameo’s;

4) Potter - huge heart, dedication and mental strength to even be there today and then inspired in game management and substitutions that none of us saw working.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Sitting at home and watching the BBC live text I thought this was the Bournemouth match all over again 0-2, then 1-3, the only consolation was Watford slipping into the relegation zone after they were 2-0 up. With twenty minutes to go to fight back to 3-3, regardless of the quality, shows tremendous character and fighting spirit. That just might inspire us in the coming months.

Watching via BBC text.....you know how to live!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh shitloads of positives. Mainly that we kept going with our way of playing and it came good and worked out.

It's seemed for a while that there was nothing much wrong with our football that a bit of luck wouldn't solve. Well all six goals had a bit of luck but we got the lions share at the end.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I am wondering if Pearson's impact at watford is ultimately short-lived.. don't know why particularly, but there was a lot of talk about increased discipline etc when he came in.. thats Ok when you win, but when you don't it can wear on players pretty quickly..

Was the Watford resurgence because of Pearson or because Deeney came back from injury as they must have both happened around the same time?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A much needed morale booster. I’m not convinced it will translate into much more but yeah, nice to see a semblance of a performance on the pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’m hoping there’s a quota on how many times a red can officiate a team each season?

It would be a positive if we didn’t see Oliver until after the summer at the earliest. Seems to be all about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't understand that, why would you not want the best ref in The Premier to ref our games.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not so much positive but funnily odd.

I was listening to the Radio London commentary and it was clear from them that the Murray goal would stand.

I was trying to tell a bloke near me, but he didn't want to listen because he was waiting for the VAR. He was genuinely waiting for the "surprise".

I think I've found its only fan.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don't understand that, why would you not want the best ref in The Premier to ref our games.

He’s far from the best in my opinion, got countless decisions wrong today (50/50’s where there wasn’t a foul) and failed to play obvious advantage a few times.

This isn’t the first time either.

Why do you consider him the best?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He’s far from the best in my opinion, got countless decisions wrong today (50/50’s where there wasn’t a foul) and failed to play obvious advantage a few times.

This isn’t the first time either.

Why do you consider him the best?

He is acknowledged by the football experts to be the best and never gets major decision wrong plus he is no respecter of players reputations and makes a decision based on what he sees rather than to please the public.

Last edited:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
He is acknowledged by the football experts to be the best and never gets major decision wrong plus he is no respecter of players reputations and makes a decision based on what he sees rather than to please the public.

The clutching at straws from West Ham forum.

The ref disallowed the third goal for hand ball, he saw it just as everyone in the stadium saw it.

There is something very underhand going on with Var we have had so many goals allowed against us that were hand balls in the build up and equally so many goals we scored disallowed for handballs that were less than the others.

Today's one from the angle on the big screen was undeniable, someone is getting money for this.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Who are these experts?

So you are going on record to state he had never made a major mistake?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The clutching at straws from West Ham forum.

The ref disallowed the third goal for hand ball, he saw it just as everyone in the stadium saw it.

There is something very underhand going on with Var we have had so many goals allowed against us that were hand balls in the build up and equally so many goals we scored disallowed for handballs that were less than the others.

Today's one from the angle on the big screen was undeniable, someone is getting money for this.

:ffsparr::ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here