Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Sheffield United)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We are very frustrating at times. The Fulham game and now this one showed that we take the goal early, have a few chances that should have been put away…fati’s one on one with the keeper and then we revert to type.

we love to show other teams how great we are at passing through the back and get the crowd oooohing and Aaaahing and clapping but teams dig in and realise that we are not deadly in front of goal and they will get chances if they wait! And sure enough in both games, that is what happened.

today Pedro did exactly the same as he did in the Fulham game…great chance just inside the area and belt it over the bar. Mitoma is a brilliant winger but his final ball is lacking.

yes we are missing a whole heap of players, but it is not to mask that we had out today Pedro, Fati, Adringa and Mitoma but still didn’t look like we would score in the second half and certainly after the sending off, we struggled to hold a side who sniffed a result.

yes we got a point but against the bottom side! We have Brentford to come and bloody Burnley which hopefully we will rekick start our league season. Someone mentioned today that our poor league run started after the last international break…let’s hope that can be reversed after the next.

missed opportunity again!
Mitoma was through 2, maybe 3, times in the second half and elected to shoot on the angle instead of cutting it back to Pedro each time. We could have had a couple of virtual tap-ins.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that Dunk is the adhesive that glues our back line together, without him, despite individual performances, it inevitably becomes unstuck.

And beyond that imho, the rhythm of the team, when to break opposition lines.

A special player.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
An absolutely perfect 'Brighton' performance; having just beaten Ajax away we can't put away the worst team in the league at home.

Hey ho still eighth and now some time to get the walking wounded back...

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Didn't lose, don't have to watch them at Amex again this season. Hope no more injuries. That's about it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought the handball was going to be given. Harsh, yes, but it looked like it should have been a penalty.

Glen Murray didn't think so and I wasn't going to complain about it. But I'm sure VAR has given those.
I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of the handball. He wasn’t that close to it, and he moved his arm towards the ball, not away.

I appreciate there’s some interpretation of the rules, but that’s as close to a 90/10 decision for a handball in the box as you’re going to get.

Just another one to add to the list of bad refereeing decisions against us I guess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Despite almost months of we couldn’t buy a win, somehow we’re still on course for mid-table.

IMG_2023-11-12-184722.png

Enjoying our one off European adventure.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
International break and a break for the players (well some) and the fans

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once Mitoma learns to cut the ball back to Pedro instead of shooting every time we will score many more goals.
I must have seen Pedro have at least 5 good chances to score from crosses to him this season. I think he is yet to put one on target let alone score so maybe Motoma said sod it I will have a go. Andringa gave Pedro a goal on a plate and yet again shot over bar. We paid £30m for that

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that Dunk is the adhesive that glues our back line together, without him, despite individual performances, it inevitably becomes unstuck.
The only thing I would add to that is today in the first half, we moved the ball a lot quicker to the forwards than when we have had the dunk/ other centre back passing sideways fest.
unpopular that it may be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here