Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from today (Chelsea away)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was very entertaining.

I've gotten pretty good at watching games in the small hours without making much noise to wake/annoy the neighbours. Tonight I was effing and blinding and hollering at the tv from the 40th minute onwards. That's the sign of an enthralling, exciting, emotional game.

Pedro has 11 goals. He should break 20 by the end of the season. That's another 100m in the bank a year or two down the line.

Another U21 got some game time.

Edit: I also had an unbroken stream for the whole game. First time that's happened this season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Joao Pedro looked well up for it when he came on and scored again.

A goal and a decent performance from Buonanotte.

We didn't totally collapse after conceding two early goals.

Villa dropped points.

More gametime for the youngsters.

Another day/game closer to Dunk, Enciso, Welbeck, Webster, Ansu & Dahoud being available.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
- We will be angry for Brentford so that’s good for mitigating the fatigue.
- lovely goal for Facu, will do his confidence the world of good
- another goal for Pedro, 4 in three games and into double figures for the season already.

Still raging though

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There are positives.

The once mighty Chelsea were reduced to looking like a non league team hanging on for a famous cup win against us.

Mitoma, Pedro and Gross, had a bit of rest and will be starting in the week

Hinsh is really coming on. Again, lets get the lad in the midfield at some stage.

No more (obvious) injuries is a massive one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No more injuries/suspensions
An unbroken stream
Again showed a bit of character when we are not at our free flowing, entertaining best
Chelsea desperately hanging on against 'teams like Brighton'
Confirmation that Sanchez failed the 'no dickhead policy'
Referees can't keep on ignoring three yellows by our opponents :wink:

Onwards and Upwards :bloom:

*edit*

First proper game I can remember where we didn't have any of the Holy Trinity starting (not a positive, but we really do have to look to the future :down:)

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We'll always have Athens.

First half Baleba, Hinsh, Buonanotte, Gilmour were all nice and tidy, Baleba particularly good - but no goal threat until Facu's pearler. Then we were given a lifeline, but the second half was really rather disappointing, the subs were a little formulaic and we were treated to Milner attempting to be a left back again, really very poor attempt to challenge Mudryk, and the game was gone.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
It always feels crap when we lose, but given that we started with four (right?) teenagers in the team, away at Stamford Bridge, a 3-2 defeat is kinda creditable really.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
But let in from them twice

IMG_3050.png

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
It was very entertaining.

I've gotten pretty good at watching games in the small hours without making much noise to wake/annoy the neighbours. Tonight I was effing and blinding and hollering at the tv from the 40th minute onwards. That's the sign of an enthralling, exciting, emotional game.

Pedro has 11 goals. He should break 20 by the end of the season. That's another 100m in the bank a year or two down the line.

Another U21 got some game time.

Edit: I also had an unbroken stream for the whole game. First time that's happened this season.
On that my mate tells me of you use IPTV you need to clear the cookies and cache weekly. You'll need to log in again but it has been seamless for him since doing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here