Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from the Wolves FA Cup game

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I think the injuries mean fighting on 3 fronts is utterly unrealistic. I felt tonight was always going to be a game too far given that, so now we can refocus on our two higher goals, I’m fine with that, I’ve already had two recent semi-finals at Wembley and am not gutted we are not trekking back.

We need to have new options quickly to cope with the new injuries and a lively Enciso and hardworking Barco shows they are both ready for the huge challenges ahead.
Isn’t it sad some of us aren’t bothered about a trip to Wembley as it’s too expensive ?! I thought the exact same thing and we’d probably get Man City in the semi or the final so we wouldn’t win anyway cos they are massive cheats.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Isn’t it sad some of us aren’t bothered about a trip to Wembley as it’s too expensive ?! I thought the exact same thing and we’d probably get Man City in the semi or the final so we wouldn’t win anyway cos they are massive cheats.
Glad to be saving a bit of cash, but I was looking forward to a home tie against Coventry though.

The biggest positive, is that we now will get a two week break after the Roma home game.
Hopefully we can focus on that and get everyone fit for the final push.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hmm. My genuine positive from last night is that a friend tried to kill herself with 40 paracetamol, but this morning is thankfully still alive and in A&E. I’ll take that over a game against Coventry.
Please hug your friend for us all. Tell her everything will be Ok and that there are many people she can talk to for help.
I've been there but lost and for the rest of my life I will always wonder what could I have done.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'd much prefer to focus on league and Europa anyway. Highly unlikely to win the FA Cup with Liverpool, United, City, Newcastle, and Chelsea still in the final 8. Leicester, Coventry and Wolves are all wildly unlikely to get to the final, even if one of them is guaranteed a semi...

Plenty of positives yesterday as well. I thought we played well for the vast majority of the match. Without conceding early, I think it's fairly clear that the game is more open and we likely go on to win it. Great to see some players back and getting good minutes under their belt (Fati, Moder, Enciso, Wele). Benacio looks the most likely youth player to play a part in the remainder of the season. Unlike Cameron Peupion, he looked like he could handle the speed of the game. Barco is going to be a hell of a lot of fun!

Only the fifth time we've failed to score this season in all competitions (36 games played) and only the 11th time we've failed to score under RDZ (76 games). A bit of perspective can help with these things.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Exactly this, a good player is almost invisible it’s sometimes about drawing opposition players out of position enabling others time and space to do their shit, I like him and he’s just back from a long term injury give him time, hes almost like a new signing, Christ what wrong with some folk.
Moder is invisible - that's his problem and unfortunately ours. Never near the starting 11 when we have our better players fit which means RDZ doesn't rate him.

I'd much prefer to focus on league and Europa anyway. Highly unlikely to win the FA Cup with Liverpool, United, City, Newcastle, and Chelsea still in the final 8. Leicester, Coventry and Wolves are all wildly unlikely to get to the final, even if one of them is guaranteed a semi...

Plenty of positives yesterday as well. I thought we played well for the vast majority of the match. Without conceding early, I think it's fairly clear that the game is more open and we likely go on to win it. Great to see some players back and getting good minutes under their belt (Fati, Moder, Enciso, Wele). Benacio looks the most likely youth player to play a part in the remainder of the season. Unlike Cameron Peupion, he looked like he could handle the speed of the game. Barco is going to be a hell of a lot of fun!

Only the fifth time we've failed to score this season in all competitions (36 games played) and only the 11th time we've failed to score under RDZ (76 games). A bit of perspective can help with these things.
Totally agree, the game was a tight arm wrestle against an in-form team and could have gone either way, we had chances. I was surprised by the over-reactive gloom after the game but then again people are entitled to vent, if I'm in a bad mood after a game I'd probably do the same. In the cold light of day though it was an OK performance that we can build on if we get Pedro back in a couple of weeks and Enciso steps into the Mitoma gap (big if but who knows, cometh the hour)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Apart from no new injuries (as far as I'm aware) there aren't any positives IMO.

We're out of a competition we had a genuine chance of winning. I'd back us to beat 6 maybe 7 of the quarter finalists. It's only City that would be a long shot.

I desperately want us to win a trophy and this was a really good opportunity.

All these injuries are really hampering us. We've done incredibly to be where we are despite them all but it's still very frustrating.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
With all the injuries it may well be better to focus on 2 competitions rather than 3.
I think I would pick making the Europa league final in Dublin ahead of getting to the FA cup final.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With all the injuries it may well be better to focus on 2 competitions rather than 3.
I think I would pick making the Europa league final in Dublin ahead of getting to the FA cup final.
Dublin is many many games away unlike the FA cup. And with Liverpool and Bayern L still in it very very difficult without our best players.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agreeing with all the “Wembley is overrated” comments.

i had never thought we would get through this, but given the injury list for this match - 9, yes nine players out - we were not disgraced.

i was surprised to see Barco come on - “he won’t know how we play “ - but he was up for it…. And Enciso!
Is Wembley (over) rated by anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here