Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from last night?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Trying to be an optimist here.

Bridcutt got 90 mins under his belt and after a poor start did start to show signs of being the player we all know he is as the game went on.

Agustien seems to have lost some weight and has the vision to play killer balls, even if they are still not quite working.

Conway looked like a half decent player.

Ummm struggling now, have I missed anything :down:

Think this is about right. Agustein put in his best performance so far. As Icy Gull says he has vision and can spot and attempt to deliver a pass. He also makes time for himself: he thinks two or three seconds ahead, so that he factors in what the opposing player will do to challenge him, and he then gets into a position where he can pass to a teammate in the position they've moved into in the intervening period. I thought he looked pretty good against Newport (I didn't go to Birmingham), but he looks a decent player especially, as Icy Gull indicates, if it is the case that there's a little less of him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Think this is about right. Agustein put in his best performance so far. As Icy Gull says he has vision and can spot and attempt to deliver a pass. He also makes time for himself: he thinks two or three seconds ahead, so that he factors in what the opposing player will do to challenge him, and he then gets into a position where he can pass to a teammate in the position they've moved into in the intervening period. I thought he looked pretty good against Newport (I didn't go to Birmingham), but he looks a decent player especially, as Icy Gull indicates, if it is the case that there's a little less of him.

Stop trying to turn this thread into one about the performance on the field. What about the pie you had?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I will only be here for one more game as I fly home sunday. I am clearly a jinx. Watched 4games at the amex and these include losing to palace 1-3 and last nights horror show. Other plus points Got my pie and pint within 30 seconds of getting in the concourse and the balti pie was great. Sadly downhill from therethere.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It didn't rain
We scored
We created chances (just couldn't f**king finish them)
No more injuries / Suspensions
I got home at a sensible time

That's about it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was glad to see Buckley back in action. He had chances and miscontrolled when a throughball to him looked good for the taking, but his mobility and abilities have to be taken advantage of. When not out wide he clings to the defensive line looking to bend his runs and be played through. It must be used.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stop trying to turn this thread into one about the performance on the field. What about the pie you had?

The Balti shouldn't be in the positives thread!! a poor performance pie wise :(

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Two positives:

1. Agustien - took me completely by surprise, played some great incisive passes, quick touch, looked good.

2. JFC, Lopez and Bruno - for the Nth consecutive game they were all utter gash, and maybe now, just maybe please God, Oscar will realise we have better alternatives and decide to use them on Saturday.

Happy Xmas, Bruno, JFC and Lopez, you all deserve a long winter break, see you in late March, if not later, ciao.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Apologies Eric. I didn't do pie last night, as I went to Bardsely's for a fine large haddock and chips with mushy peas on the side before the game. Might do pie on Saturday and will initiate a thread on the subject: is that OK?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As was the steak and ale.

They ran out of pies - just about all food - in the South stand. I managed to get a vegetarian pie at half-time, which was, I have to say, very nice.

But I did wonder if it was the catering situation preying on the minds of the players, thereby showing they care about the fans.

And agree with the Bridcutt, Conway and Agustien comments above.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When I got home I checked my Euromillions ticket and found I'd won £6, my two lines did cost £4 though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hopefully the run out for Buckley last night means he will be raring to go on Saturday. Bridders also got another 90 mins. And also hopefully Oscar will have seen that Ince needs to be in the team now and Lopez doesn't.

Additionally, we actually scored from a corner. Something we hardly ever do, ever.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Arrived back at the race course p&r and found my Albion hat of many seasons ( which I thought was lost ) pulled over my drivers side door mirror .
A big thanks to the kind person that matched the hat to the correct car .:kiss::cheers:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It wasn't as cold as I expected.

Other than that, had further cause to revise my opinion of Craig Conway and Kemy Agustien. Both looked good last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here