Portugal v Wales - Who do you want to win?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to win - Wales or Portugal?

• Wales

Votes: 87 76.3%
  • Portugal

Votes: 27 23.7%

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Wawaw!

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Portugal, English people wanting Wales to win is the international equivalent of clapping the away fans , happy clappy bollox and all it does is earn you the contempt of the recipients.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have always wanted a team like Portugal who often but not always play a good style of football and hope that they can win on the big stage at last.

Wales? It would be great for them to get to the final their top teams play in our league and they are doing very well on that front.

It's a difficult one for me because I have always had a soft spot for Portugal.......But Wales edge it for me and it would be another ''victory'' for what can be achieved with team spirit not withstanding a certain amount of talent within the team too.

Wales to win.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Always support any team from the British Isles,can't understand why anyone from Britain would not tbh. The Welsh team are more representative of the level of football we have had at the Albion and past Albion players have turned out for all the home nation sides through the years :moo:
Because they hate us and have no problem showing it , are you one of thos who laugh politely when the jocks/welsh/irish tell us how they always support whoever is playing england ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not at all like 1966 then?

Hope Wales win the whole competition, just to hear you lot say yeah but.....

We won the world cup
We beat you in the group stage
Etc. Etc.

Bit like Scotland saying they were now world champions in 1967 after beating England then? No thanks. Portugal for me.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You'd hope that the English FA will look at what Wales are doing and find a manager who is capable of achieving something similar with our players. Build a team.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Bit like Scotland saying they were now world champions in 1967 after beating England then? No thanks. Portugal for me.

Touche :lolol:

But yes, exactly like that!

If Wales do win it, I wonder how many years the BBC etc, will keep recycling it for? I bet it's not for the next 50 years as they have with England's only achievement of note. And yes that's one more than Scotland have managed.

Because they hate us and have no problem showing it , are you one of thos who laugh politely when the jocks/welsh/irish tell us how they always support whoever is playing england ?

Too many British have fallen side by side through our shared history not to have a strong bond. The fact that they might be jealous of our medium amount of footie success is a giggle in itself.:moo:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Lived in Wales foe 4 years and there were only about 3 days when it didn't rain. Much resentment from locals as it was a Welsh-speaking area. Then the silly buggers whose economy and infrastructure are basically propped up by EU grants go and vote Brexit. However, I'll still be giving them my support in the rest of the tournament,

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Win Win! Land of my Father* into the final or guaranteed money in the office sweep.

*Paternal Grandmother actually.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Touche :lolol:

But yes, exactly like that!

If Wales do win it, I wonder how many years the BBC etc, will keep recycling it for? I bet it's not for the next 50 years as they have with England's only achievement of note. And yes that's one more than Scotland have managed.

They will. They always keep showing all the great 'British' triumphs of the past, like the Gareth Edwards Try in 1973, Celtic winning the European Cup in 1967, Mary Peters winning gold in Munich in 1972 etc, etc as well as England in 1966.

The problem comes, rather like when Barry McGuigan lost - Then its 'the Irishman has lost his title' rather than 'and Britain has another world champion boxer'. It's then when they lose interest.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Always support any team from the British Isles,can't understand why anyone from Britain would not tbh. The Welsh team are more representative of the level of football we have had at the Albion and past Albion players have turned out for all the home nation sides through the years :moo:

Did you see that video when we lost,........ It's Portugal for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports