Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth in trouble again maybe?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the least surprising news since I went down to the woods recently and found a bear squatting behind a tree, having a number two.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Looks like either a January firesale, or a 2nd administration will be on the cards for Pompey. League 1 next year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We don't have a resident Pompey fan on this forum, do we?

Shame.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the reason Pompey fans get less sympathy from us than we give say, Plymouth fans, is that you never see Pompey fans boycotting matches, or getting games abandoned, or any of the things we felt we HAD to do back in the 90s to save our club. They enjoy the good times, then don't give a shit when that same shit hits the fan. Plymouth fans meanwhile, are well aware of what their overspending has done to them (rather than BOASTING about their time in the Championship) and have been doing what they can to sort it.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many will go to Forest? Varney a good striker and Lawrence the kind of player all opponents hate but would love to have in their side like Chaplow at Southampton any others worth chasing?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the reason Pompey fans get less sympathy from us than say, Plymouth fans, is that you never see Pompey fans boycotting matches, or getting games abandoned, or any of the things we felt we HAD to do back in the 90s to save our club. They enjoy the good times, then don't give a shit when that same shit hits the fan.

Am I wrong?

This.

And they should be made to start again, literally at the bottom of the pyramid. Their fan base will always have a Portsmouth Football club to support, just not in the leagues.

God forbid if we went down at Hereford and there was a phoenix club I know I would have supported the "new" BHA.

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
How many will go to Forest? Varney a good striker and Lawrence the kind of player all opponents hate but would love to have in their side like Chaplow at Southampton any others worth chasing?

Lawrence is a cocky little moaning prima donna but he is exactly the type of player we need in midfield.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Yes its amazing isn't it! Apparently he was also stopped by the Financial Services Authority from opening a branch of his bank in this Country in 2009 because of 'misleading and incomplete answers in relation to anti-money laundering and the lack of controls in place to prevent the bank being used for financial crime'.

Just the sort of chappie we need to run our footie clubs.

It is quite unbelievable that the FA let him anywhere near a football club. All they would have needed to do is type his name into google to find out he was a totally improper person

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is the age old problem of the FA being blinded by money or the apparent sight of it. Anybody with a few noughts after their name would be acceptable to the FA irrespective of how it came about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here