Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth in trouble again maybe?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
According to the Sunday Times, Vladimir Antonov who took Pompey over last year is being investigated for alleged money laundering and fraud by the Lithuania authorities and his bank that he owns has been placed in Administration. Apparently between £300 and £800 million is missing.

I wonder how long before the annual collapse to insolvency takes place with our friends at Fratton. You think they would have learned by now!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You couldn't make it up - unlike at least one of their alleged former owners Ali al-Faraj, who may not actually have existed at all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And, of course, Vladimir Antonov is a fit and proper person according to the FA. What a bunch of numpties they are.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
And, of course, Vladimir Antonov is a fit and proper person according to the FA. What a bunch of numpties they are.

Yes its amazing isn't it! Apparently he was also stopped by the Financial Services Authority from opening a branch of his bank in this Country in 2009 because of 'misleading and incomplete answers in relation to anti-money laundering and the lack of controls in place to prevent the bank being used for financial crime'.

Just the sort of chappie we need to run our footie clubs.

cocklebreath

Nov 12, 2011
They will get away with it like last time. minus 10 points but already relegated meant fook all, still haven't started paying the CVA. I wonder how much tax they can avoid this time. C*nts.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The Football League & FA should really take a look at themselves. How is this allowed to continually happen?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Such a credit to football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on folks.
Ok I will say what you're all thinking:-

'-10 points would be handy'.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The run up to Christmas has seen players and staff from Portsmouth FC visiting a local children's hospital.

"It's nice to put a smile on the faces of those who are worse off than we are and who are facing a long uphill struggle," said David Wilson aged 6.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Is it really the clubs fault, they get taken over and the FA rubber stamp it clearly the Fit and proper person test is the issue.

Well yes and no. If TB decided to take his bat and ball home, how many of us would be happy to see the Russian mafia turn up in his place. The FA are at fault but the club seem happy to jump into bed with anybody as long as they think they have loads of wonga.
How many more times is this going to happen?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bugger! Unlike last time when I desperately wanted them to go bust and reform I now find myself hoping that this is all either untrue or not really a problem. I don't want us to lose those three points!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here