Portland Timbers play against 8 year old with cancer and his team at their stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nice story to read,must have been great for all the kids and hopefully for Atticus. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
They're my "local" team. They sell-out virtually every home game, do all sorts of stuff in the community (as evidenced by that story!), and moved into a new stadium a couple of years ago after playing on-and-off all over town. Unfortunately, their new stadium is a converted baseball field, so about half the seats don't directly face the pitch. :)

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
They're my "local" team. They sell-out virtually every home game, do all sorts of stuff in the community (as evidenced by that story!), and moved into a new stadium a couple of years ago after playing on-and-off all over town. Unfortunately, their new stadium is a converted baseball field, so about half the seats don't directly face the pitch. :)

The reason I found this is pretty much because I really like what is happening in the North West, with the Cascadia rivalry between the west coast clubs. Although I have to say I have a soft spot for Seattle Sounders as they average over 30,000 a game and when the derbies come around they can fill up the stadium to capacity. What's the reason for the popularity in the area? I mean there are NFL, and MLB teams around as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
disappointed to read that the kids won 10-9. was imagining a scene akin to the 'competitive dad' sketches on the Fast Show...

Welcome to mine, and now Jnr Stat's, childhood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports