Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portland Oregon

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I am off to Portland Oregon in November to stay with relatives- will also be over the river in Vancover Washington for a bit.
I have been twice before (2000 and 2007) but wondered if anyone had any particular suggestions on things to do?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I worked in Portland for 2 years in 1999. I really loved the whole Pacific North West region. Plenty of Micro Breweries to visit (McTarnahans and Full Sail spring to mind), if you like walking / hiking lots of good trails - Cant remember them all now but there was one which took you to a lookout point (Cape Lookout?) where you can see migrating whales at certain times of the year. A trip to the Astoria Gorge is a must - great scenery and a jazz festival in the Summer at Mount Hood. Try and get up to Seattle and Mount St. Helens if you have time. Other places - Nike World Headquarters, Japanese Gardens. Also worth hiring a bike to get around as it is a very green / cycle friendly city.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My dad is just back from Portland last week, he spends alot of time over there in the summer coaching basketball camps....lovely part of the world. Mt St Helens is beautiful, I was there a year after it blew up - amazing!
There is a beautiful Japanese gardens, and Powels bookstore if you're into bookstores...and that aerial tram thing to the science museum is well worth it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here