Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale is a Pretty Town

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
According to Port Vale's official site "Burslem (The Mother town of the Potteries) is located to the north of the city and is widely regarded as one of the prettiest towns in The British Isles"

Well having only visited the place fleetingly, twice for Albion matches and once to the Gladstone Pottery as a treat on my daughter's birthday, I must say the pretty aspect has passed me by. I will try to view Burslem in a different light tomorrow however.

Anyone else like to comment coz most posts I've read seem to concur that it is somewhat of a dump.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
trust me,they are lying.it is almost as big a dump as lancaster,damn near up to burnley standards

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Burslum...kind of says it all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pretty? Pretty awful.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

1066gull

None of the areas here I have been too can compete with the southern cities. There are redundent buildings all over the place and some pretty grotty places can be locatede near these redundant buildings with 'To Let' signs.

Having said that, I think Wolverhampton is one of the cleaner cities for the area. Birmingham is a bit ugh to be honest.

There aresome nice places here, but they have far more worse places than the south if you get what I mean.

Wallsall is the biggest shithole I've been to, so far.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
None of the areas here I have been too can compete with the southern cities. There are redundent buildings all over the place and some pretty grotty places can be locatede near these redundant buildings with 'To Let' signs.

Having said that, I think Wolverhampton is one of the cleaner cities for the area. Birmingham is a bit ugh to be honest.

There aresome nice places here, but they have far more worse places than the south if you get what I mean.

Wallsall is the biggest shithole I've been to, so far.
I think you need to get out more
Leeds
Manchester
Liverpool
Sheffield
Newcastle
the other one on the Wear river which I'm not allowed to mention
York
Hull
Durham
Chester

as opposed to
Brighton (doesn't count in this exercise)
Portsmouth
Southampton
err........... next....

9905_05_18---Liverpool-Skyline_web.jpg

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I've just found all the snaps I took from the Port Vale game in 2001 - with what was then considered a "decent" digital camera. All 1.5 megapixels worth!

It's not a pretty sight:

vine.jpg

constable.jpg

elvis.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It appears that "they" are not a pretty sight. The place looks no worse than several others

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its horrible

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think you need to get out more
Leeds
Manchester
Liverpool
Sheffield
Newcastle
the other one on the Wear river which I'm not allowed to mention
York
Hull
Durham
Chester

as opposed to
Brighton (doesn't count in this exercise)
Portsmouth
Southampton
err........... next....

9905_05_18---Liverpool-Skyline_web.jpg

yeah but hes in the midlands which none of those places are

there are some true shit holes like walsall, though some decent places to visit as well, Bristol, Warwick...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here