Port Vale doomed?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
:dunce:

Hope he proves a few people wrong. I for one still admire him for what he did for us as a manager the first time round and as a person campaigning for our stadium. I think a lot of the abuse he receives on here for one poor season is way OTT.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Give it a rest, will you?

Any true Albion fan who was watching will cut Micky some slack for building a very good team from nothing that all but won two titles.

Of course second time round, he was shite, to most people's surprise. But I for one am glad he's back, and I hope it goes a lot better for him at Port Vale.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
So whats the point of the thread? You could of started a thread wishing him well?
Port Vale doomed? Time will tell

Is neither fair on him nor a decent starting point for debate/discussion

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
MA will do a good job at Port Vale. He will bring in players that could see them challenging for a play off spot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:dunce:

Hope he proves a few people wrong. I for one still admire him for what he did for us as a manager the first time round and as a person campaigning for our stadium. I think a lot of the abuse he receives on here for one poor season is way OTT.

If he proves me wrong I'll wonder wtf he was up to last year....when he produced the shittest football since the Gillingham days, but with less passion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Curious to know why people wish Micky such ill.

He made a pig's ear of it second time around here, but for me that will still not tarnish the fabulous times he gave us eight years ago. I'd just rather forget last season and mark it down as a cautionary tale for any future Albion manager/board.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He made a pig's ear of it second time around here, but for me that will still not tarnish the fabulous times he gave us eight years ago. I'd just rather forget last season and mark it down as a cautionary tale for any future Albion manager/board.

I don't wish him ill, but his billy big bollocks attitude 1st time around and the walking out left a sour taste in my mouth. In truth I never much liked him, which really should have f*** all to do with anything, but there you go. Last season he had me wanting to quit being an Albion fan...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Yup, strange one.

On another thread someone was alluding to the fact that Port Vile would have a big transfer budget. Have they had a takeover/massive injection of cash or something that I missed? They struggle to get 5k at home when they're doing well so it can't be through gate receipts.

saintvaliant

Jun 4, 2009
Evening all,

Curious Vale fan in peace.

Some interesting reading on our new Messiah. Have to admit I'm surprised at some of the negative stuff, hadn't realised it had gone so wrong for him last season.

Vale fans by and large are delighted, though after the succession of dross managers we have had on the cheap it's no surprise. I hope Adams can rebuild both himself and us, as we need a good season after the last couple.

In terms of budget, it's the same as last years, which is I think among the top 6 or 7 in our league. There's talk of our sponsors pumping in £500k, but nothing finalised as yet, but given Adams appointment, and us keeping the budget up it looks a done deal.

His name alone should help our ST sales which after shifting 6,500 this time last year have dropped off a fair whack.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Evening all,

Some interesting reading on our new Messiah. Have to admit I'm surprised at some of the negative stuff, hadn't realised it had gone so wrong for him last season.

Vale fans by and large are delighted, though after the succession of dross managers we have had on the cheap it's no surprise. I hope Adams can rebuild both himself and us, as we need a good season after the last couple.

In terms of budget, it's the same as last years, which is I think among the top 6 or 7 in our league. There's talk of our sponsors pumping in £500k, but nothing finalised as yet, but given Adams appointment, and us keeping the budget up it looks a done deal.

His name alone should help our ST sales which after shifting 6,500 this time last year have dropped off a fair whack.

I wouldn't trust him with 500k, EVERY signing he made last year was crap.

Players out of positions, pathetic excuses after games, 'broken' sounding interviews, bizarre tactics, dull football, poor results.

Nice man, Albion legend, but he's past it. Sorry.

saintvaliant

Jun 4, 2009
Players out of positions, pathetic excuses after games, 'broken' sounding interviews, bizarre tactics, dull football, poor results.

Sounds just like Glover. Should fit right in.

Hopefully a change of scene will help. Often a mistake to go back to a club where you had past glories.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Evening all,

Depend which Micky Adams turns up. First time round he turned our club around and gave it its first sustained period of success for 10 years. If you have read that it was only due to Zamora, ignore this. He created a decent team which was extremely hard to beat and had a brilliant team spirit.

Second time round was almost the total opposite - an unmitigated disaster.

Do expect him to bring in lots of players he's worked with before i.e. ex Brighton, Coventry.

Genuinely wish him and Vale all the best. Have fond memories of visits to Vale Park!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports