popular boys names

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I dont agree at all, if you're that proud of your heritage then f***ing live there,by all means learn about the cultures etc etc,but its MY national identity being diluted , and if you think that he people in that you tube video share your idealistic aspirations of 'cultural diversity' then you're in for a rude awakening, one of the reasons i admire australia is the way australian identiy is first and foremost, try going to australia and start wittering on about respecting each other as an individual efore a nationality blah blah and you'll get short f***ing shrift.

Because as humans its our human right to movement, we aren't bound to one area? Because god/evolution gave us legs to move with, the intellect to master long distance travel in short amounts of time and because the vast vast majority of brits don't mind the wave of immergrants that have come in because they understand and aren't afraid?

If you like Austraila so much why don't you f***ing live there?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
what ? me replying to the predictable lets slate the daily mail posts from 18 year olds who have lived all their lives in mono cultural sussex, the issue wouldnt arise if the vast majority of muslims had assimilated like you , i wonder how a lot of NSC ers would feel if this was western rd after a pakistan cricket win , full of third and fourth generation pakistanis (but british when it suits), its not though, its MY hometown, so i take exception to people telling me how wonderful it is.[yt]1LxAPyLdwAY[/yt]

It's just a bit boring mate. Living in Hove doesn't mean you can't have a valid opinion on Muslim assimilation. Intelligence and common sense are far mire important attributes in forming a valid opinion.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because as humans its our human right to movement, we aren't bound to one area? Because god/evolution gave us legs to move with, the intellect to master long distance travel in short amounts of time and because the vast vast majority of brits don't mind the wave of immergrants that have come in because they understand and aren't afraid?

If you like Austraila so much why don't you f***ing live there?
What are you on about ? human right to travel ?? vast vast majority of brits dont mind the wave of immigrants ? dont make me laugh! why dont i live in australia ? why the f*** should i ?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Xenophobia is often not considered a fear by those who are xenophobic.

I'm not for one second goign to say that all the people who have moved here are fantastically amazingly intergrated. Nor that we (as in 3rd/4th/5th generation immirgrants) are perfect. There are some real nasty pieces of work around. However the thing with xenophobics is that they often characterize a majority by the minorities actions.

Some of the worst things posted on here (news links etc) are committed by white people. I've said they should be harshly punished. I'd say that about a black person, a south african person, a native american, an indian. This intollerance to other peoples is what stops intergration, and it comes from a minority on both sides. The majority however, often intergrate brilliantly.

Xenophobes have a warped view of the majorities behaviour based on the minorities behaviour and that is what is stopping intergration. Personal events that then get taken and painted on entire cultures.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Xenophobes have a warped view of the majorities behaviour based on the minorities behaviour and that is what is stopping intergration.

hmmmmm. do you think that laying he blame firmly and solely at the door of a sector of the indigenous population is all a bit old hat nowadays?

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What are you on about ? human right to travel ?? vast vast majority of brits dont mind the wave of immigrants ? dont make me laugh! why dont i live in australia ? why the f*** should i ?

It is, as far as I know, a human right to have the freedom of movement? That might be something from the European Convention on Human Rights, but I thought it was from the Geneva convention.

As why the f*** should you live in austrailia, why the f*** should immirgrants live in their land of birth? because they were born there? Thats a shite reason.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
again its the locals fault.

No, its partly those who are unwilling to intergrate who already live there.

Not the locals as a whole.

Its also parlty those who move over and then are unwilling to intergrate.

Not the immirgrants as a whole.

Its also when xenophobic locals see a minority of immirgrants act in a certian way and the paint the majority immirgrants in the same way.

Its alsow the fault of immirgrants who see a minority of the locals act in a certian way, and paint the majority in the same way.

Then this friction is blow out of propotion by fear mongering media, chinese whispers in and around local communities and an unwillingness to see that actually, not all immirgrants act in a certian way or not all locals act in a certian way. And this breeds xenophobia and friction between cultures. Regardless of the individual

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
No, its partly those who are unwilling to intergrate who already live there.

Its also parlty those who move over and then are unwilling to intergrate.

Its also when xenophobic locals see a minority of immirgrants act in a certian way and the paint the majority immirgrants in the same way.

Its alsow the fault of immirgrants who see a minority of the locals act in a certian way, and paint the majority in the same way.

Then this friction is blow out of propotion by fear mongering media, chinese whispers in and around local communities and an unwillingness to see that actually, not all immirgrants act in a certian way or not all locals act in a certian way. And this breeds xenophobia and friction between cultures. Regardless of the individual

not being funny mate then post that in the first place because blaming it all on one sector was your original post. which does not do much for community cohesion eh.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
not being funny mate then post that in the first place because blaming it all on one sector was your original post. which does not do much for community cohesion eh.

I got too sucked in to the total blaming of immigrants and trying to spin it and show from anotehr light to balance the arguement :blush:

My bad!

Australia is an interesting example.

Roz's mother was Australian, as was her grandfather, her great grandfather, her great-great grandfather and her great-great-great grandfather. Am I supposed to be upset when she gloats over England losing a test match to the Aussies? It's sport. It's banter. It's not a denial of the Englishness she owes to her birthplace (England).

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Some wonderful comments at the end of that article.

Apparently our country is being eroded by the fact that Muslims tend to call their sons Mohammed or variations of the name.

What is the leading Muslim name for a girl?

To my English brethren - Please remember: England does not owe the world anything. Your nation has provided for more advancements in this world than any other. Dont stop being British. Most Muslims have no interest in your culture - other than the destruction of it.

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
jeff-gaylord.jpg

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
According the last census the non-white ethnic population of the uk was 7.9%!!

7.9%, so discounting the chinese, black african and black caribbean and other ethnic groups and assuming that most of the 4.0% Asian british are Muslims, the fact that Mohammed (and all spellings thereof) would be the number one boys name in the UK - wow, the term breeding like rabbits springs to mind!!

I grew up in a northern former mill town with a very high immigrant muslim population.

Some of my best friends (between the ages of 14 and 20) were of indian/pakistani descent. Although mostly the white and Asian communities did not mix very well.

I received a good kicking once for being "white" and "in their area" at night. I also got a good kicking in a white area once because I wasn't from that estate. Shit happens I got over it and they all got pay back. Character building stuff. I didn't care one bit that I was probably racially attacked, I am white and stuck out like a sore thumb!! If you sat in the Holmesdale End wearing your Brighton shirt how long do you think it would take before you got a good kicking. Think about it, discrimination takes many forms and some seem to be more acceptable than others......

The local Labour MP would not let his wife use an asian taxi company. Ironic in the sense that he has mostly held office based on his appeal to said muslim community.
One taxi company was owned by 2 asian guys but would only employ white drivers. (is that racist......?)
White girls were spat at when walking round town.
There was an asian sunday football league - no white teams allowed. Asian teams and players did play in what was deemed to be the white league.
The council paid millions to have the houses where most of the immigrant population lived renovated - and had to re-do some of the work for putting the toilets in the wrong place (facing east while having a crap is apparently a big no-no). Houses that the people owned I might add.

Once upon a time Bernard Manning was seen as funny - had a prime time show, guest appearances on parkinson etc. Until the p.c brigade rolled in...
Even though I found it very funny I did have to see the irony when Goodness Gracious Me started on TV - with its "white" jokes. Its a good job I am not a sensitive p.c type or I may have even felt that my race was being stereotyped :drama:

People need to grow up, stop being so overly sensitive - everyone is different how many of you don't like/have mocked/said bad things about:- relatives, fat people, the less qualified, the poor, a persons name, pikeys, the handicapped, the welsh, northerners, palace fans, jocks, christians, jews, americans, midgets, gays, people with b.o, people with glasses, old people, women drivers, australians, estate agents, bankers, traffic wardens, germans, the french, shit footballers........I could go on...........

For whatever reason a person is mentally or physically abused/ridiculed, it is wrong, end of. Treat people as you would like to be treated.

However I will close with a piece advice given to me by a very good friend of mine who was of pakistani descent and was a devout muslim - he said "never trust a muslim" He did explain why to me and it has actually turned out to be quite prophetic.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
What holds for Mohammed, in its various spellings, as a first name for Moslems, would seem to hold for Singh as a last name for Sikhs.

Where's the outrage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports