Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Poppadoms in an Indian restaurant / curry house

How do you eat your poppadoms?

• Stick them in the middle of the table, crush the entire stack and allow a free for all

Votes: 69 43.4%
  • Divide the quantity equally between the participants and let them get on with things on their own

Votes: 90 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Of far more importance to me rather than eating crisps in a pub is the poppadom conundrum.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Owners and staff of Indian restaurants HATE their establishments being called curry houses.

I too am with Smithy and Banjo. Eat what I order.
I included both because I see establishments that fit into these classifications. Some places are both (or at least used to be before late pub opening started) i.e. an Indian restaurant serving families until 9:30PM then a curry house filled with blokes after more beer and a bite to eat from 10:30PM.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m with Smithy on this one. You eat what you order.
So what you’re saying is “I agree with James Corden”?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Always 2 each is the starting bid from the waiter

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I included both because I see establishments that fit into these classifications. Some places are both (or at least used to be before late pub opening started) i.e. an Indian restaurant serving families until 9:30PM then a curry house filled with blokes after more beer and a bite to eat from 10:30PM.
Sorry I wasn't criticising Papak, just saying. Apologies if I came across like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Up north for work, we used to go to a great restaurant called the Delhi Junction, in the converted Dore railway Station (a village just outside Sheffield). Food was excellent and we’d generally let the guy who ran it to just bring us whatever he recommended.

This chap though, HATED people ordering popadoms on arrival (as an accompaniment was ‘okay’ but absolutely not as a warm up). Took real umbrage at it “it’s like going to a decent English restaurant and ordering crisps before your meal arrives”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here