Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah - that hour drive up the M25 is going to be a killer three days after the six hour drive from Hartlepool.

These are young, fit professional footballers for gawd's sake - not pensioners.

I think you probably know full well that the extent of this replay is not limited to an hour drive. The mental and physical preparation will take most of the Tuesday and then Wednesday will be used to recover. That is two days that could have been used to prepare for the eminantly more important Bristol Rovers game. There is no doubt the game will have an effect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The midfield for us was shite. Baz was a lightweight and Sparrow and Dicker's passing was crap. I thougth Bridcutt worked hard, but has passing was great either. Credit to Woking they worked very hard all game and with a bit more confident in attack they might have nicked something today

Did Sparrow ever pass to one of our players today ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was 1 side who had no ability other than to put 10 men behind the ball = Woking
1 side that had no desire to play to win = us.

Dont think that Gus got up off of his seat once during the game as opposed to a league game when he is up shouting and pushing from the bench for the whole of the game.

Battipedi looked ok when he came on but the writing was on the wall showing how much we cared about winning when OGH was named as the goalscoring sub. Were Adgestein and Sandaza both injured.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I completely agree, the point I was trying to put forward with my original post is that I hope our abject performance today, and resulting replay, does not adversely affect our league preparations/form.

Agree and good point. The worst thing today for me was sub-standard performances from players who do play fairly regularly in the 1st team - namely Sparrow and Dicker. I hope it's just one of those games and they will play better with a little more quality around them. One thing that was obvious today was we had hardly any width. Benno and LuaLua are the only out and out wingers at the club IMO. Smith / Dicker can fill in there but drift centrally. As does Baz when he's on the right.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Good read Mr B. :thumbsup:

Just one error! Bridcutt is not a loan player. :)

Bugger. Thanks mate. By the way, sorry I didn't get that cashy cash to you today - my old dear didn't want to wade through the jungle that is the queues for the South Stand's culinary delights. Can transfer it to your bank or post it through your door if you give me the necessary details...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bugger. Thanks mate. By the way, sorry I didn't get that cashy cash to you today - my old dear didn't want to wade through the jungle that is the queues for the South Stand's culinary delights. Can transfer it to your bank or post it through your door if you give me the necessary details...

No problem! See you on match day. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here