Pompey At Home

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curtis Reece Mosse

Mar 1, 2012
Can imagine a situation where they sell their ground andstart looking for a club to share with.............................................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can imagine a situation where they sell their ground andstart looking for a club to share with.............................................

so we need a ground for them about 70 miles away....... Oxford is exactly that...70.. spot on.

Curtis Reece Mosse

Mar 1, 2012
Can't see it really. Hope they don't go under, purely for football';s sake. It's going to take a big club going down before something changes though.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Noticed above about ground sharing. Did we ask them if we could ground share with them when we lost the Goldstone and they turned us down or was it our scum chairman who declined and opted for Gillingham?

Cant remember.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Noticed above about ground sharing. Did we ask them if we could ground share with them when we lost the Goldstone and they turned us down or was it our scum chairman who declined and opted for Gillingham?

Cant remember.

As I remember it, the secretly planned the groundshare with pompey, when it came out the fans were against it, so plans were changed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
next thread - chants for the Pompey match. This should be easy.
Well, we know the tune...presumably the words will be "Pay up Pompey, Pompey pay up..........."

More seriously, I'm on the side of those that feel sorry for the fans. They've turned up, paid good money to see their team, and supported their club - same as any of us. It is good that HMRC is challenging that 'football debts first' thing for football clubs going into liquidation - let Gandamac (or whatever his name is) have the parachute payments.......but at 2p in the £.......

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Amazing, we where in a similar position, my what short memories we have. Does it makes any difference whether it's Archer or the Pompey owners, it's another case of greedy bastards ruining our game and supporters and communities suffering.

I feel sorry for them and yes of course Pompey have been a big club, Premiership history and a massive club in post war years.

Why is it we offer our support to Plymouth with Fans United and yet we mock Pompey.

This.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was speaking to our neighbour who is a Pompey STH and he said "not sure what i will do on Saturday afternoons if they go down".......so so tempted to say well you could come and watch the Albion.:albion2::albion2:

but thought the timing was not quite right at the moment :lolol:

Bloom must be praying that Pompey go bust as we could pick up a lot of their fans as i am sure they won't go west!

But would we want them?

D

Deleted member 2719

About to start that journey? How long do we have to wait for it to start. The crisis at Pompey is not a recent revelation, the writing has been on the wall there for years, and yet we have seen very little from Pompey fans, and it appears that any efforts now be will be too little too late and they will only have themselves to blame.

If they had shown half the gumption of Wrexham or Plymouth fans then I am sure plenty of Albion fans would have been willing to help their campaign. I believe the issues at Portsmouth affect the game as a whole and common cause could have been made with other clubs in similar positions if their fans had reached out. In the age of the internet this is easier to do now than it was in 1997.

I respect your empathy for genuine Pompey fans, and I suspect it reflects poorly on me that I don't share it. However I am just mystified at the apparently supine nature of their support, and the resignation that there is nothing that they can do, when other clubs, not just the Albion, have shown that fans can make a difference.

Nicely put.:thumbsup:

Lakedry

Aug 13, 2011
Well.......I'm a Pompey fan....and I've been on here before earlier in the season before and after the game at Fratton.
Thank you ABC ....I for one will remember your support.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This is the third time they have taken this route, they have dismissed warnings made back in the 1998 winding up order petition about the necessity and importance of financial management.

Then again a few years ago - and now again. They are a serial offender on this case and as Keith Hill the Rochdale manager stated so concisely why should other clubs manage to their means and be penalised for it on the playing field.

Those same Pompey fans who loved to tell us how shit we were for years. We were shit becuase we could only afford to pay for shit. Our benefactor focused on paying for things outside of players.

In fact Rod Thomas was paid for by us - the f***ing fans - because although we could have bought him through the club it would have meant not paying tax, or other bills.

Sorry. WE created the momentum for things to change at the Albion because we did not want to go down the road of self-destruction. WE harried, marched, petitioned, demonstrated, cohersed and challenged everything around us.

If there was even a sniff of this happening at Portsmouth then I would feel for them. They have basically been shagging around, getting their leg over with whoever they wanted whenever they wanted. And now that their kids are being taken off them and the wife is leaving them they are crying and begging for pity.

Sorry. No pity from me. We suffered for 20 years to get through the times of hardship. In their times of hardship they have bene in the Premier league, winning an FA Cup and lapping every piece of it up. No. Off you go the bottome of the Southsea Sunday league and face crowds of 1200, preferably in a ground 80 miles from Fratton Park - and let's see how you deal with that.

No time for them whatsoever.
This. :bowdown:

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Well, we know the tune...presumably the words will be "Pay up Pompey, Pompey pay up..........."

Or just plain "f*** off P*mpey, P*ompey f*** off".

It was the loudest and most united I ever heard at Withdean - I think it was the first year in the championship.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Well.......I'm a Pompey fan....and I've been on here before earlier in the season before and after the game at Fratton.
Thank you ABC ....I for one will remember your support.

A pleasure. However having come across a few Pompey fans this evening (very pleasant people) who insisted that "Portsmouth fans are the best fans in the country" I have to admit that even my sympathy has ben tested!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Cant remember.

I think (?) the local plod & council down there objected to the plan? I'm not 100% on that. Somebody will confirm either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports