Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police warning to all men

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
A friend of mine (Used to post on here) worked as a rep selling lagers to different pubs in Sussex. He had to attend a whole meating on the 'myths' of Stella Artois where they explained that it has no more chemicals in than any other lager nor does it fuel aggression more than any other lager.

That is correct. It's just a shit beer, no more, no less.

When you tell Belgians that it's sold in the UK as a 'premium' brand they generally fall over laughing at British gullibility.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stella I'll Twat You.

Horrible shit.

There's definitely summat up with it. Last time I had it, in a working men's club in Preston about ten years ago, I had four pints and remember actively hoping someone would offer me a fight which, for a man with the build of a sallow tree/emo adolescent girl, was somewhat inadvisable and out of character. I then chobbed all over the sofa when I got home.

That is correct. It's just a shit beer, no more, no less.

When you tell Belgians that it's sold in the UK as a 'premium' brand they generally fall over laughing at British gullibility.

These. Although they have probably stopped laughing since realising there was money to be made in their shit brewery tours in Leuven/Louvain.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's only 4.8% these days.
I've always thought Kronenbourg was much worse for giving you a chemically hangover.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shit, overpriced, chemical-filled shite.

I think just 'shite' would have sufficed. Why do people drink that crap? I saw some bloke in spAsda filling his trolley with multipacks of Fosters yesterday, and if it hadn't been for the fact that his daughter was sitting in the trolley's child seat I would have bludgeoned him to death with the nearest bottle of Fullers London Porter.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I always preferred San Miguel, or "senorita-beater" as it is commonly known.

This got me thinking. In our boozer, most Lagers have a nickname of some sort.

A pint of Steve = Fosters
A pint of Alec / Obi Wan = Guiness
A Jamie (Baulch) = Grolsch
Will = Carling
Old Mans Tadger = Old Speckled Hen

Even a pint of ''Tourettes'' is a Kronenburg after some geek (probably on IMDB) listed that as a short movie by Canadian director David Cronenburg and the name somehow stuck with a few of us.

Super Bock never got a nickname, possibly because it's so stupidly named in the 1st place.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Give me some. Now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With Stella Artois for the lagers, John Smiths for the ales (titter) and Strongbow representing the ciders and all being the best selling drinks in their catorgories in our supermarkets you do have to wonder about the palate of the average British drinker.

And Blossom Hill is the top selling wine btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here