[Football] Police to 'visit 1,000 homes' in MASSIVE crackdown on illegal Premier League streaming

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Amazon pay the exact amount of tax they are asked to by HMRC, why do people expect anyone (person or company) to pay more Tax than they are asked to. The solution isnt to expect voluntary contributions from companies, it is to simply change the Tax Status of those companies . I agree Amazon (and others) doesnt pay enough Tax, but thats the governments fault by not changing tax legislation to account for Amazons business model, not Amazons fault for not simply giving the government money it hasnt asked for

Im sure very few business owners on here-or anywhere- say -oh look I have made some money and I think i will give more than required to the Government this week/month/year
Perhaps you missed the :wink: at the end of the post

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“The reality is this”, “The reality is that…”

What’s reality is that football ate itself years ago, swallowing its own balls too.

There’s been a proxy war ever since between fans and so called custodians of the game. Just to be clear, we the fans are the good guys.

So feck ‘em. And their sociopath reasoning.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
“The reality is this”, “The reality is that…”

What’s reality is that football ate itself years ago, swallowing its own balls too.

There’s been a proxy war ever since between fans and so called custodians of the game. Just to be clear, we the fans are the good guys.

So feck ‘em. And their sociopath reasoning.
Weird. As a fan of football - and, in particular, Brighton & Hove Albion - we've never had it so good.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Weird. As a fan of football - and, in particular, Brighton & Hove Albion - we've never had it so good.
Weird?! Everyman and his dog’s calling for reform and regulation!!!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I used to sign entry warrants. I've signed them for drugs, firearms, utilities, mental health and sundry other things. During training it's made clear that it's hugely invasive and not something to be taken lightly. "Fishing trips" aren't allowed, there has to be reliable intelligence; I have refused to sign them when I didn't feel the reasons were good enough.
A police officer turning up at court asking for an entry warrant because "someone there is watching an unlicensed broadcast" would get short shrift from most magistrates.
And the associated, “whatever you do, don’t tell me the score I’m watching it later”

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Weird?! Everyman and his dog’s calling for reform and regulation!!!!!
I would say Tony Bloom and the Albion - and, by extension, us fans - are doing very well out of the current set-up in football. That's TV and beyond.

Many Brighton fans on this thread are advocating things like PPV which would blatently give a huge advantage to the superclubs. Madness.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thanks for warning. My wife sitting in car keeping guard while I watch football tonight
security GIF

Hope she wasn’t trained by this guy

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Because no other country has 92 professional clubs.
I would of thought we have more now.

I love the fact that in Div5 we can get attendances of 4000+ and some top Euro leagues 2nd div sides do not achieve this.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Ain’t gonna happen but every time they put this story out it makes people think twice.

That’s all their game is with it. They haven’t got the time or the technology to go after the average Joe watching IPTV

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I would say Tony Bloom and the Albion - and, by extension, us fans - are doing very well out of the current set-up in football. That's TV and beyond.

Many Brighton fans on this thread are advocating things like PPV which would blatently give a huge advantage to the superclubs. Madness.
Perhaps start a different thread then because that’s not what I was commenting about and, not so weirdly, relates to this thread!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
....And this police crackdown is being paid for by who?

I

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Because no other country has 92 professional clubs.
England has 111 professional clubs, less than Mexico (266), Brazil (130) and Turkey (126).

Germany (102), France (96), Spain (94) and Italy (92) aren't far off England and none of them restrict televised kick-offs. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of professional clubs and everything to do with greed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
England has 111 professional clubs, less than Mexico (266), Brazil (130) and Turkey (126).

Germany (102), France (96), Spain (94) and Italy (92) aren't far off England and none of them restrict televised kick-offs. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of professional clubs and everything to do with greed.
I find 96 in France hard to believe. What crowds do teams further down their leagues get?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What are you in for?

Three strikes rule.

What did you do?

I was had a poster in my window saying 'Please don't close our library'

Oooh, civil disorder ...What else?

I got patted down and was found to have a padlock and some superglue

Oooh, going equipped to potentially irritate 2 people. What else?

I watched a hooky stream of a football match.

Holy f*** man ... You're the daddy of this wing.

...to be fair, I had previous .... Half a dozen of us went to the park one day and someone put the radio on .... And some music was played.

..... Are you Bronson?

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It's time to get rid of these stupid no televised 3PM kickoff rules. It's ridiculous, you should be able to watch any game on TV if you wish, and it shouldn't be designated to f***ing Sky or BT.

No other country in the world does it, it's utterly stupid. I pay $150 a year for Fubo TV which gives me access to every Premier League game, UCL and Europa as well as some other European leagues. It was previously DAZN but they lost the rights this season.
Not football (soccer), but the NFL has, or had, some really f***ed up rules concerning blacking out local TV coverage if the team hadn't sold more than a certain percentage of tickets. They've since relaxed or suspended the rules.

Considering some games are played in really low temperatures, the Browns game on Christmas Eve at kickoff was 6°f with a wind chill of -16°f (-14°C, with a wind chill of -26°C), expecting fans to want to sit in the stands rather than watching at home is a bit silly. (The game wasn't blacked out, it was broadcast on local TV)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Think you're misreading Wiki, there.

The rule has existed since the 1960s. It's specifically design to to protect attendances at lower-league clubs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's time to get rid of these stupid no televised 3PM kickoff rules. It's ridiculous, you should be able to watch any game on TV if you wish, and it shouldn't be designated to f***ing Sky or BT.

No other country in the world does it, it's utterly stupid. I pay $150 a year for Fubo TV which gives me access to every Premier League game, UCL and Europa as well as some other European leagues. It was previously DAZN but they lost the rights this season.
It's not just the long-standing Saturday 3pm television blackout though.

The UK is also "blacked out" of other televised fixtures, even though they are shown in other countries.

Tonight is a prime example. UK viewers can only watch Newcastle v Leicester, whilst outside the UK Manchester United v Charlton is also being shown. It's farcical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports