Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At least the police shot the perpetrators dead, rather than trying to arrest them, move in the right direction imo.
Would also have given the police the chance to interrogate them and find out if they were part of a wider network.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the contrary, initial reports were that one had survived, would have been good to prosecute through the legal system and leave them to rot in jail for the rest of their lives. They want martyrdom and the 80 virgins in paradise. Give them 50 years in a maximum security jail to reflect on the joys of their ideology

Nah, kill the ****ers why pay for them for 50 years? The money is much better spent elsewhere.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Getting rid of religious schools would be a start. How in this day and age we still have schools that teach religion over science and segregate our communities further is a crime. Unfortunately the present system of free schools is only making this worse and anyone can set up a religious school with very little oversight that can brainwash kids from a young age.

Having worked in an Islamic school and being present during lesson time i am in total agreement with you .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would also have given the police the chance to interrogate them and find out of they were part of a wider network.

The less publicity and recognition they get the better imo. I would prefer that we never even named them. Are we allowed to interrogate them in a way that would make them talk? I think not.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Getting rid of religious schools would be a start. How in this day and age we still have schools that teach religion over science and segregate our communities further is a crime. Unfortunately the present system of free schools is only making this worse and anyone can set up a religious school with very little oversight that can brainwash kids from a young age.

All 'faith' schools should be abolished. Like it or not (and it is obvious that many on here do not) we live in a multi-cultural and multi-faith society and that is the way it is going to stay. The worse thing we can do is let kids grow up isolated from people with different beliefs.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You know what's cheered me up this morning? Reading that drinkers in Borough Market fought back last night by luzzing chairs and drinks at those *******s.

Luzzing chairs at terrorists. I'm genuinely very proud of my fellow Brits.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The less publicity and recognition they get the better imo. I would prefer that we never even named them. Are we allowed to interrogate them in a way that would make them talk? I think not.
But the gathering of intelligence is the only way to prevent more attacks from happening.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

We should be allowed to interrogate these scum bags anyway we see fit.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Me too, but that was a superb speech. Enough is enough and I believe she is going to make the much needed changes. Well done PM, well done and thank you for the amazing police response.

"Enough is enough"this from the cretin that cut police numbers by 30k.
I know who I'm not voting for on Thursday.
Pathetic .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Pathetic .

No one really gives a toss who you will be voting for.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
All 'faith' schools should be abolished. Like it or not (and it is obvious that many on here do not) we live in a multi-cultural and multi-faith society and that is the way it is going to stay. The worse thing we can do is let kids grow up isolated from people with different beliefs.

I agree, religion should be a private belief not a state sponsored indoctrination

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Pathetic .

When she had already been warned by the Police Federation of the impact this would have on their ability to uncover and investigate potential terrorists. Madness.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pathetic .

Good idea... what we really need right now is Diane Abbott in charge of national security and policing.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Complain about Corbyn all you like (and I don't agree with his policies always/often either) but the current government is not helping this situation. Cuts to police and social workers. Whatever the government looks like on Friday, some uncomfortable truths need to be brought to light and questions need to be asked. Eroding our privacy will do nothing if the fundamentals on the ground are not in place. Let's not even start with the arms relationship with Saudi Arabia.

The tory fanaticals might not like it, but this isn't saying anything radical... The police have been saying the same for a long time.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
We should, maybe we do.

The precious pc folk will soon have no choice in the matter, Sane people in this country are getting more and more pissed off with this whole situation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry but there is a huge amount of what ifs in there. The Muslim organisations are usually the first to condemn these things.
No there isn't, not one single 'what if'.

And, for what it's worth, the Catholics and the political wing of the republicans in Northern Ireland were always quick to condemn 'All violence' too. Meant bugger all though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here