Pokemon Go

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Our religious authorities decided to label Pokemon Go as 'haram' here in Malaysia :facepalm: I'm currently still FUMING

Our moderate Southeast Asian Islam is being gradually replaced by the despised Wahabiism

You hear about Indonesia sliding towards a regrettable place but not so much Malaysia. Shame.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Well late to this. Was drawn in today after a family row. My 5 year old luzzed all of my 8 year olds pokeballs.

Quick question. We appear to live in spinning distance of a pokestop. Consequently both my lads have 9 eggs none of which have hatched. Is it one at a time with the app open to get the distance?

The egg has to go into an incubator to hatch. Go to Pokemon, swipe right to go the eggs, click one and press 'start incubation'. You start with one that will work forever and you get ones that will disappear after 3 uses at certain levels (6, 10, 15, 20 etc) or you can buy extra ones.

You need to keep the app open as you're walking to hatch them and you can do more than one at a time if you have more than one incubator. 2km eggs tend to have the basic Pokemon but can come up with the occasional decent one (Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu etc), 5km are the slightly rarer ones and 10km eggs are the really rare ones that you won't often come across in the wild.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
growing-up.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It must be quite noticeable by the traffic how many people in Brighton are playing it now, here in Worthing I drive much slower now and I'm far more aware of my surroundings. After all, if you drive too fast you can't lock on to the Pokémon's as they spawn, besides the GPS tracker knows speed/distance
when hatching an egg and so discounts anything over 20MPH.

I'm level 20 now after blasting through 2 levels in a day thanks to Lucky Eggs and evolving about 40 Rattata, Wheedles and Pidgey's

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm at Level 16 and have finally broken through the 1000CP barrier thanks to a 1153CP Lapras (hatched from a 10k egg) and a 1018 Golduck (evolved from a 450CP Psyduck). I've also completed the Eevee 'set' with a 917CP Jolteon, 861CP Flareon and 850CP Vaporeon.

Pokedex shows that I've seen 89 and caught 85 of them, with escapees being Charmander, Slowbro, Weepinbell and Rapidash.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
101 Magicarp > 1 Gyarados.

Watching that evolve was almost as good as seeing Puncheon score in the Cup Final.

I'm only on 28 Magikarp thus far, very much a long term goal for me - I'll get there though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm at Level 16 and have finally broken through the 1000CP barrier thanks to a 1153CP Lapras (hatched from a 10k egg) and a 1018 Golduck (evolved from a 450CP Psyduck). I've also completed the Eevee 'set' with a 917CP Jolteon, 861CP Flareon and 850CP Vaporeon.

Pokedex shows that I've seen 89 and caught 85 of them, with escapees being Charmander, Slowbro, Weepinbell and Rapidash.

This game is odd.... I'm level 20 but seen 73 caught 71....lots of holes in my index....best way to level up is ....

A, put a lure on a pokestop next to another pokestop.
B, use a Lucky Egg at the same time,
C, have enough candy in the tank to evolve, Rattatas,Pidgeys, Wheedles and Spearows like crazy while the above is going on.
d, Be clever with your egg incubators !!! 2K eggs, crap, 5K goodish, 10K should be good maybe brilliant. Never incubate a 2k before a 5K/10K, the everlasting incubator you get use to hatch 2K eggs if you have nothing better to hatch, the 3 use incubators you get from time to time levelling up use only for 5K/10K eggs as they are more value for money

PS, only evolve the largest of any pokemon in your locker, the higher the CP BEFORE evolving the better chance of a high value descendant... I have only evolved one Evee so far to a Flareon with 1255 CP, collecting more Evees now for the next evolution.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My interest is mainly about collecting as many species as I can, so I haven't gone in for the 'grinding' Pidgeys/Weedles etc...thing.

Levels are just a nice side product to catching, hatching and evolving for me.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I'm only on 28 Magikarp thus far, very much a long term goal for me - I'll get there though.

I was very lucky to find a spot on the Ravensbourne River where they spawn every few minutes. It only took me 8 days. The lakes in Crystal Palace Park are also pretty good for them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is the evolved Magikarp good? The lad and I noticed the 400 candy requirement a few days ago but as luck would have it where we've just settled for 14 days in Florida there are loads of them. Reckon we can hit that 400 whilst here.

66c7a3eb87b13213b3ec5033263b25fa.jpg

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
The thing about Magikarp is it's awful. It cannot hurt an opponent, it's stats are terrible and it's just an annoyance in the handheld games.

Then it evolves into an extremely impressive Water/Flying (not part dragon as often thought) Pokemon, with a good moveset and great against most Pokemon, except Electric and Grass.

It looks like Pokemon Go has gone for the same thing with training a common Pokemon well to get a great evolution, with 400 candies 4x the next highest evolution number.

I'm on C200 Magikarp candies, 93 caught and seen. Missing a few simple basic Pokemon, but I've found checking in for a couple of minutes on a day out often fills these up.

Pokemon Yellow was my first ever game, and remains one of the only series of games I still play. Proudly so! :salute:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've been on a bit of a lucky run when it comes to obtaining uncommon Pokemon lately - found and caught a wild Blastoise last Saturday on Worthing seafront, hatched a Lapras from a 10k egg a couple of weeks ago, then a wild Venusaur decided to pitch up outside my house this morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any tips on getting a Labras ? every time I come up against a gym with a labras on it I can't get past it !

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Any tips on getting a Labras ? every time I come up against a gym with a labras on it I can't get past it !

To beat it, you want Grass/Electric, so Bulbasaur, Oddish, Bellsprout, Exeggcute, Tangela, Pikachu, Voltorb, Magnemite, Jolteon or Electabuzz, or any of their evolutions would be your best bets.

I've found Lapras in the Thames and in a pond in a country park, so bet bet is to walk a lot near water with a 10km egg!

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Are you facing problems with location spoofers? The state mosque, which happens to be a gym, was nicked by some girl at level 31 with a 2900+ CP Dragonite. Given that this game has been released for just 2 weeks here, it's impossible for one to reach that level yet. So I assume she's a spoofer, uses bots, or plays using an emulator

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The best I can advise is hatch 10k eggs and cross your fingers.
Thanks....but.....I have only had one 10k egg and I'm level 21 now...managed a Magmar of 965....have to keep hoping then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports