Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poke... better than a stick in the eye with a sharp... says Rovers

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Maybe our search for a goalie is over. From the Bristol Rovers chat after Villa defeat...

"Well i wasn't keen on the signing but he looked very good last night. Made 2 wonderful saves, the one in the first half was top class. For a small keeper he wasnt afraid to come for crosses, something Bevan lacks. The biggest factor for me was his talking, always shouting at the defence telling them where to go and push out. Hopefully we can keep him for a longer period."

Michael Poke - Bristol Rovers Fans' Forum

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Well considering he's only played one game for us and he had a bit of a nightmare, he was worse than Ankergren and Brezovan. However, that's based on 1 shocking game....

Sep 1, 2010
I remember when he was out on loan to another league 2 side(long term loan) and looked quality. It seems though, that is his level.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Thought he looked really good last night. Brave, strong.
Poyet must fancy him a little or we just wouldn't bother.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stood up until the last minute. Then the ball was poked between his legs. Cup-tied now.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I was there yesterday. Made a couple of decent saves, but made a couple of errors too. Most notable in the first half which nearly led to Petrov giving Villa the lead. Distribution was OK, can tell he has been with us as always looked to play it short when he could. Rovers fans around me spent a lot of the game moaning about him which I thought was a bit harsh. Not sure he is good enough for the Championship though. Shame he's never really had a chance but think his future lies at either League One or Two.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never saw him play...was he much worse than Ank or Brez?

I saw him play in the League Cup last season against Northampton when we lost 2-0. He let one in between his legs in the first five minutes. He looked a broken man after that, but it had to be said so did the other ten on the pitch that evening too.

I hope he does well at Rovers

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rovers want to keep him "for as long as they can" on loan but as the loan started in January they can only have him for another 40 days or so

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58672000/jpg/_58672106_92628452.jpg

I just had a look at the rules and it seems that even if we release him from his contract, because it is now outside the transfer window, he can't sign for another club. Shame because his contract with us is due to end in the summer and odds on he will need another club. Bristol seems perfect for him but if they pick someone else up in April it could screw his chances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here