Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points from next 4 games, Watford, Toon, Chelsea, B'muff

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Think we will get 5 but we need 7 I think as January and February are the key months for us and really where we need to get most of our results to protect us from the run in

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd take 5.

Would be delighted with 6.

Ecstatic with 7.

Wouldn't be too despondent with 4.

Bit worried with just 3.

Panicking with less than 3.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
12 absolutely unbelievable.
9 would be incredible .
7 might be the achievable.
6 very acceptable.
5 more than capable.
4 the most believable.
3 not suitable.
2 less than desirable.
1 knowing us probable.
0 just laughable..

D

Deleted member 2719

Forget Chelsea.
The rest are all 6 pointers so massively important..........

9-7points: We are on our way to safety.
6-4 points: Not great and we are going to sweat all the way to May.
3-1points: Hughton out or we are back in the championship, unless uncle Tony spends BIG in Jan.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Forget Chelsea.
The rest are all 6 pointers so massively important..........

9-7points: We are on our way to safety.
6-4 points: Not great and we are going to sweat all the way to May.
3-1points: Hughton out or we are back in the championship, unless uncle Tony spends BIG in Jan.

Sounds about right to me. We've got six or seven home games left against teams outside the top six; we need to win at least four of those if we're going to stay up unless we can carve out at least two further away wins, which is historically unlikely.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sounds about right to me. We've got six or seven home games left against teams outside the top six; we need to win at least four of those if we're going to stay up unless we can carve out at least two further away wins, which is historically unlikely.

It's 6 left against sides outside top 6 and I think we might need to win 5. That gets us to 33/34 so still need 6/7 from the away games. So we really do need to be looking for 3 at Newcastle or run the risk of simply running out of opportunities

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's 6 left against sides outside top 6 and I think we might need to win 5. That gets us to 33/34 so still need 6/7 from the away games. So we really do need to be looking for 3 at Newcastle or run the risk of simply running out of opportunities

Have they stopped giving 1 point for a draw? :shrug:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Christ many must think we've sighed 3 cracking players lol
I'll go for two home draws "what's new" and two away defeats...:)

Yeah, I'm predicting:

Watford 1 point
Newcastle 0 points
Chelsea 0 points (a 5-0 drubbing)
Bournemouth 1 point

2 points in total (and starting the New Year third from bottom) :cry:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Have they stopped giving 1 point for a draw? :shrug:

If we win 5 of the 6 home games against non top 6 sides and draw the other that puts us on 34

If we beat Newcastle away that gives us 37

If we assume 40 for complete safety that still leaves us needing to win 1 or draw 3 of the 6 remaining aways against sides outside the top 6

There's a whole lot of 'ifs' there but whichever way you look at it drawing too many more at home against sides outside the top 6 will be our undoing

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
7. Anything less and I'll be disappointed.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If we don't get 3 points out of that lot we are in serious trouble. We obviously have no idea of what CH's target is for these games but he must be thinking about a n absolute minimum of 5 points.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Think we will get 5 but we need 7 I think as January and February are the key months for us and really where we need to get most of our results to protect us from the run in

Agree with this. Looking back over the last 10 seasons, to finish 1 point above 18th place required 37, 35, 31, 40, 37, 37, 34, 36, 38, 35 = an average of 36 points. For this season, if we assume a safety cushion on recent history of a couple of points and hence a safety target of 38 points that means we need another 20 points from 20 games. Our run-in is brutal; Palace (A), Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A) – probably 2-3 points max from that lot. So, we probably need 17/18 points from our next 15 games to be safe (or 19/20 points if we assume a 0-1 point return from the run-in), which is above our current rate of 18 points from 18 games. The next four games (5-7 points would be brilliant) and Jan/Feb will be crucial. A good run of results over Xmas should ease our nerves! As always with the Albion, it’ll probably go down to the last game of the season – we wouldn’t have it any other way! All-in-all, we’re doing well versus pre-season expectations and if we can have a good Xmas/New Year run that will represent a huge step towards staying up come May.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we win 5 of the 6 home games against non top 6 sides and draw the other that puts us on 34

If we beat Newcastle away that gives us 37

If we assume 40 for complete safety that still leaves us needing to win 1 or draw 3 of the 6 remaining aways against sides outside the top 6

There's a whole lot of 'ifs' there but whichever way you look at it drawing too many more at home against sides outside the top 6 will be our undoing

There are 20 games left. If we win 4 more games, it is likely 8 draws will be enough. A draw at Newcastle would be a great result in our position, especially away from home against a team below us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think we're about to change gear,

Watford, 2-1, 3 points
Toon, 0-0, 1 point
Chelsea, 0-1, 3 points
B'muff, 0-2, 3 points

10 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here