Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although clearly talking to myself, I'll persist, as this is for gloating purposes.

FOOTBALL WEEKLY EXTTRRRRRAAAAAAAAA

The cyclists are coming for you.
I couldn't believe a full discussion on The Tour of Flanders, you can stick your football up your google :moo: :lolol:

Oh and just in case you can't picture the scene:-

Peter-Sagan-008.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stone cold Steve Austin has started a podcast. It's fun in that macho guy way. He was talking about his wife taking him for a facial.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ANY NEW PODDIES ABOUT

Where back to that time of year again.
With the football scene being quiet and my fav US radio show heading towards it's extended holiday, I have some podcast hours I need filling.
It's either that or I'll end up concentrating at work or realising life's a bit sh*te.

So I have:-
Richard Bacon
Frank Skinner
TCGTE
5 live sports specials
Danny Baker
Kermode

All great but will need padding out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've listened to a few episodes of 'the flop house' where a bunch of guys (at least one is a writer on the daily show with Jon Stewart) sit around and discuss a bad movie. So far my enjoyment has varied with my familiarity of the movie. They're not obscure movies (this week's is safe haven, which was in cinemas earlier this year). I'm still not entirely sure if I like it, but it was listed in entertainment weekly's recentish list of top podcasts.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am enjoying the return of the Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre podcast and my current favourite the Rich Eisen Podcast which is an NFL/Hollywood podcast, very entertaining indeed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really enjoying Josh Widdecombe on XFM - funny bloke, big football and cricket fan so makes references to them constantly. Into good music, good chat, worth a listen.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Podcasts - what are you listening too?

The Football Attic podcast is great for a retro look at football.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
ANY NEW PODDIES ABOUT

Where back to that time of year again.
With the football scene being quiet and my fav US radio show heading towards it's extended holiday, I have some podcast hours I need filling.
It's either that or I'll end up concentrating at work or realising life's a bit sh*te.

So I have:-
Richard Bacon
Frank Skinner
TCGTE
5 live sports specials
Danny Baker
Kermode

All great but will need padding out.

And WHERE is The Bugle?

I listen to:

5live World Football Phone-in (Tim Vickery's good but the other 'experts' they have on tend to be a bit hit and miss)
Fighting Talk
The Bugle
Football Weekly (Extraaaaaaaa)
Friday Night Comedy on Radio Four
Cricinfo's Switch Hit Podcast (good for any County Cricket fans)
Frank Skinner

Any other suggestions anyone?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bugle isn't just a podcast, it's my religion.

T'was an odd omission.
Although to be fair it's never on my generic mp3 player longer than 30mins, as it's listened to instantly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Big shout for Film Fandango, which is a comedy film podcast by Danielle Ward (who used to be on the Dave Gorman one). Also The Comedian's Comedian podcast (which focuses on the business behind comedy), and Answer Me This (just fantastic comedy show).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Another vote for Frank Skinner. Emily Dean is the funniest woman on radio.

What The Papers Say.

ESPN Fantasy Focus baseball - even if you're not into baseball, or fantasy sports. And if you are ...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I know there's a few that listen to Kevin Smith and his 'SModCasts'.
For those that do, he's recently done a 85 minute podcast based on the guy on Gumtree offering a room for rent/dress up like a walrus in Brighton etc.. Also briefly mentions BHA.

Check it out, SModCast 259 - The Walrus and the Carpenter.
Very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here