Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Don't get me wrong, I like him. I just think his challenges tend to be a bit reckless. There was one really early on tonight.

Luckily for him (and us) it was immaculate, turning out to be one of those challenges that gave him an easy game from there on. A bit of a Sunday league tactic yes, but encouraging to see him join the fight from the first whistle.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Is that a fear for you? That has never, ever entered my mind.

Championship is an extremely tough league to get out of and we know that fine margins can be the difference between automatic promotion and a play off place.

I don't think Hughton will make any major changes, the line up from game to game seems pretty settled at the moment and we have a longer gap between games for players to recover, but also wouldn't be surprised if the reason Sidwell was left out of the starting 11 tonight to ensure he's 100% right for Tuesday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Championship is an extremely tough league to get out and we know that fine margins can be the difference between automatic promotion and a play off place.

I don't think Hughton will make any major changes, the line up from game to game seems pretty settled at the moment and we have a longer gap between games for players to recover, but also wouldn't be surprised if the reason Sidwell was left out of the starting 11 tonight to ensure he's 100% right for Tuesday.

I think taking out Sidwell for Norwood in such an important place on the pitch is a major change? No?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought he was excellent and actually a slight improvement on Bong. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become first choice LB, he's clearly got class and just needs more games.

I'd concur and say I'd be happy if Poggy plays his subsequent games at that tempo. Great tackler, Italian temperament, and a great pass across pitch to Bruno.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think taking out Sidwell for Norwood in such an important place on the pitch is a major change? No?

Changing one or two players I have no problem with; it's when people start suggesting changing 6 players from a settled side that are on a good run of form that I have reservations with.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
He was a big part of our win tonight.

Taking on their full back in the first minute of the game put a confident team on the back foot and they were defending from then on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Changing one or two players I have no problem with; it's when people start suggesting changing 6 players from a settled side that are on a good run of form that I have reservations with.

Yep totally get that, but when they changed Sidders for Ollie I was a little worried. Sidders has done nothing wrong and for the first 20 mins I thought Ollie was out of sorts. He got better as the game went on. But I really do understand using the likes of Ollie for 90, he needs the game time for when we really may need to call on him, I just wish he'd done it v Blackburn and not a resurgent leeds. But all worked out well and I'll not ever question Hughton, the bloke has a proper head on his shoulders.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would keep him in the eleven for Tuesday before Bong comes back on Saturday. Think CH will make use of the squad on Tuesday and play Goldson, Towell, Hemed and March from the start. Rest for Stephens, Murphy, Murray and one of the wingers.

No way will he make four changes. I can understand a point being made to rest one of the wingers, after all we have good cover in that position, and perhaps March will get a game. Richie Towell is nowhere near ready to start a first team game in my opinion, and Glenn is on fire, so why drop a player in a rich vein of form?

Change for change sake is pointless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way will he make four changes. I can understand a point being made to rest one of the wingers, after all we have good cover in that position, and perhaps March will get a game. Richie Towell is nowhere near ready to start a first team game in my opinion, and Glenn is on fire, so why drop a player in a rich vein of form?

Change for change sake is pointless.

Agree. Pognog might keep his place, Sidwell might return after a rest and Murphy might not be fit. That's all. Otherwise unchanged I'd think unless Knocky's knock is troublesome.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree. Pognog might keep his place, Sidwell might return after a rest and Murphy might not be fit. That's all. Otherwise unchanged I'd think unless Knocky's knock is troublesome.

Bit worried about Knocky if truth be told. Not so much by his injury, but more by his loss of form.

An on form Knockaert is absolutely vital for us in our promotion bid, and I am tempted to say give him a bit of a rest to get over his personal problems. But we tried that at Cardiff last week, and we nearly came unstuck without him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit worried about Knocky if truth be told. Not so much by his injury, but more by his loss of form.

An on form Knockaert is absolutely vital for us in our promotion bid, and I am tempted to say give him a bit of a rest to get over his personal problems. But we tried that at Cardiff last week, and we nearly came unstuck with out him.

He'll be ok. Looked closer to normal tonight and his Cardiff cameo. No doubting how hard his dad's death has hit him though. Just watched the TV version of the podcast interview, poor guy is torn apart.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

An on form Knockaert is absolutely vital for us in our promotion bid, and I am tempted to say give him a bit of a rest to get over his personal problems. But we tried that at Cardiff last week, and we nearly came unstuck without him.

I am in a bit of agree and disagree on this... he did show moments of brilliance, but I know what you're saying. It is a real juggle with the lad right now, we have to remember he is only 25 when his dad died. I was 38. We tend to forget how young footballers are due to their wealth. Personally, and knowing how this man turns games, I would soldier on with him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Very much the opposition has studied his play. It happens to all wingers/forwards.

That's why Ademola Lookman made such an impact, he was new on the scene. Bruno managed to deal with him after he caused the damage. Tony Towner in the early seventies was an instant sensation and ended up at Millwall.

How Knocky adapts to close attention is the big test. My inclination is that he might be better in the hole behind the main striker against some sides? Or he could even swop with Baldock during he game to give a bit more variety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here