Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ's shocker

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
PMQs rarely achieves anything. Those that are pre-disposed to support the incumbent regime will ignore the rhetoric from the opposition benches and conveniently ignore any real facts in support of their own often unfounded beliefs.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The answer was fairly obvious. You're saying that the company that the wife of the prime minister works for represent the tories, which is nonsense. If you want to judge the tories bases on the company the wife of the prime minister works for then you should be more than happy to judge labour on their ex-prime minister, who is a completely self-centered scumbag.

No I didn't say that but the Prime Ministers wife works for a company that is not paying it's fair share of tax, a Prime Minister who repeatedly says he is getting tough on tax avoidance so maybe Sam Cam can start with her bosses ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No I didn't say that but the Prime Ministers wife works for a company that is not paying it's fair share of tax, a Prime Minister who repeatedly says he is getting tough on tax avoidance so maybe Sam Cam can start with her bosses ?

This.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Squeeze until the pips squeak

Labour are going to love it they get in. Then the country will go broke again

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I didn't say that
Yes you did - or explain what else you meant by "Cameron's wife works for a company who don't pay tax here, sums the Tories up" - how does it sum them up, how are the Tories responsible for that company?

but the Prime Ministers wife works for a company that is not paying it's fair share of tax, a Prime Minister who repeatedly says he is getting tough on tax avoidance so maybe Sam Cam can start with her bosses ?

What do you mean 'This'? I assumed he was just being flippant, but you're suggesting that the correct policy for our government would be to punish companies that employ members of their family. Wow, that would be a special way to run the country.

Personally I ****ing hate that companies like Amazon and Starbucks are not paying their taxes in this country, and I'd like for the solution to be a major part of the election. But to suggest that he starts with the company his wife works for is typically childish.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes you did - or explain what else you meant by "Cameron's wife works for a company who don't pay tax here, sums the Tories up" - how does it sum them up, how are the Tories responsible for that company?

What do you mean 'This'? I assumed he was just being flippant, but you're suggesting that the correct policy for our government would be to punish companies that employ members of their family. Wow, that would be a special way to run the country.

Personally I ****ing hate that companies like Amazon and Starbucks are not paying their taxes in this country, and I'd like for the solution to be a major part of the election. But to suggest that he starts with the company his wife works for is typically childish.
How about his reasonably well employable wife getting herself a job with a company who do pay their taxes?

The fact that neither of them think it is important does "sum up the Tories".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about his reasonably well employable wife getting herself a job with a company who do pay their taxes?

The fact that neither of them think it is important does "sum up the Tories".
Which brings us back to my original reply - not like the wonderful Blairs eh.

It's ok for labour leaders to earn £100m and pay very little tax on those earnings, but when someone connected with the Tory party works for someone that does the same, it's suddenly the big issue.

I don't know what Cameron really thinks about these companies, but if you're bothered about it, try and make it a vote winning issue and then the parties will have to put forward their solution and we can vote for the best one.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Which brings us back to my original reply - not like the wonderful Blairs eh.

It's ok for labour leaders to earn £100m and pay very little tax on those earnings, but when someone connected with the Tory party works for someone that does the same, it's suddenly the big issue.

I don't know what Cameron really thinks about these companies, but if you're bothered about it, try and make it a vote winning issue and then the parties will have to put forward their solution and we can vote for the best one.
Tony Blair is very far from my favourite politician. We are discussing Cameron's Tories and they make Blair look like Che Guevara...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Cameron's Eton education was in no small part funded by his father's pioneering fondness for finding ways of shifting his assets to offshore accounts, so as to avoid paying taxes.

His father also had a great empathy with the last Tory MP for Lewes Sir Tim Rathbone. Rathbone was David Cameron's godfather. That didn't help him though when following defeat to Norman Baker in 1997 he was thrown out of the Party for being too "Europhile".
He lost a lot of votes in Newhaven in 1997 because of his links to the Channel Tunnel project. After the Tunnel opened, the French SNCF ran down rail connections from Dieppe to Paris and similarly Newhaven Harbour station was closed.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
David Cameron as a student apparently helped Tim Rathbone's campaign in the General Election of 1987, the last time that the Local/District elections coincided with the General Election.

I have heard rumours that Cameron is personally backing Norman Baker's opponent this time' Maria Caulfield. Certainly St Maria of the Bandwaggons got her photo taken at Downing Street with SamCam a couple of weeks ago.

The poor lady though has only had two years to get herself in the media, the Tories had previously relied on the Boundary Commission to make Norman unelectable in 2015 by tearing up Lewes constituency, and making Seaford either part of an Uckfield constituency or part of Kirby's Kemptown. The LD's pulled the plug on that, so that Lewes Tories had to re-form and adopt a late candidate for May. By contrast Jason Sugarman in 2010 had 4 years to promote himself.

By the way where is Mr Sugarman these days? Does he still go to Albion games as he claimed he did in 2010?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here