Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PMQ 03/06/20 [was 27/05/20] - Official Match Thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
May have something to do with this ?

7e643d19a4ed78318396ef9e5a37a361.jpg

Glue ear is very common in children. Mr Johnson’s seemingly cleared up although he did use it to his advantage, even at that innocent age. Are you suggesting he’s been re-afflicted with this 50 years later?

“While Johnson is known for his booming voice, boisterous behavior and creative use of language (including Latin and Greek), he was much more subdued as a child. In fact, until the age of eight, Johnson was severely deaf because of glue ear, a condition where the ear canal fills with fluid that can cause temporary hearing loss. Although he now jokes that he exaggerated his condition as a youngster to avoid boring conversations, he did have to wear a grommet, a small tube surgically implanted in the eardrum to drain liquid.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm concerned that Starmer's endless pummelling of a fat weak stupid man might actually backfire after a while - I almost felt a sliver of sympathy for Johnson at points today.

And yet others claim Starmer backed off over the 'letter'.

Each to his own. Early days yet. I have reasonable hope Starmer will know how to deal with the liar in the long term.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I clicked that link expecting to see a revelation that the PM frequently wears hearing aids or similar. As it was it just said "obviously not LOL" and provided nothing to back that claim up.

You aren't suggesting the Spectator is a right leaning rag are you? Perhaps they have a hot link direct to Boris???

Past editors include Boris Johnson (1999–2005)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You aren't suggesting the Spectator is a right leaning rag are you? Perhaps they have a hot link direct to Boris???

Past editors include Boris Johnson (1999–2005)

I forget, was this one of the ones he got sacked from for lying or one of the ones he got sacked from for being lazy?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1268176739139817472[/TWEET]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not really their job to provide the answers to problems, especially when those problems are magnified by incompetence. That is the point of government advisors like Cummings.

The opposition are simply there to hold the government to account.

Great.

She was pressed again and again, no direction, no clue. Still, we might get free WiFi.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm concerned that Starmer's endless pummelling of a fat weak stupid man might actually backfire after a while - I almost felt a sliver of sympathy for Johnson at points today.

Now not available because it's nonsense.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lost me totally.

In The Thick Of It in one episode they came up with the word "NOMFUP", which stands for "Not My F*cking Problem". NOTFUP would replace "my" with "their".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Do you have the transcript of the conversation?

Why didn't Starmer come back on that point? He's not been shy in making corrections in previous PMQs - for the highly intelligent, articulate and experienced interrogator we know him to be, it was a tap-in wasn't it?

Instead the impartial observer would have heard:

Starmer: I wrote you a letter, you haven't replied.
Johnson: I called you and we discussed things.
Starmer: <somethng else>

Just take into the equation that our PM has no compunction about telling a lie. It’s not a political point. We all know it. It’s incredible that we are in this position, but there we are.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry, brushed a finger and opened thread by mistake. Thought I'd wandered in to Have I Got News for You - all having a pop at Boris and no humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here