Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth CVA carried.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good news for Plymouth, but as you say, another hollow 'victory' for a football club and football as a whole.

Was there a list released of creditors? Just interested to see who will be getting what.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If you had business dealings with a football club,wouldn't you do as someone on here has suggested and get your cash up front ?

Good for Plymouth ,though.Always a good awayday.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
We will always be in your debt for Fans United.

I really hope it all works for you. There is a rumour that we might be interested in "helping" you further by purchasing Yannick Bolassie. I appreciate that won't be very welcome (although if it happened we would at least be keeping him away from Southampton's clutches!). Have you forgiven us for nicking Nooney yet? Despite the firesale I think we probably paid at least the going rate and maybe then some at £300K.

Whatever happens I'm sure you will bounce back.

Totally concur. Good luck Argyle.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I fully concur. I would've actually taken liquidation and rebirth as AFC Argyle on a moral standpoint......trouble is the creditors get ZERO then!.

There's a lesson for you in our situation. I'd have never dreamed this would happen to us. We were always dead proud of our prudent approach and looked sneeringly at clubs like Pompey and Leeds who did the same. Problem was when we were on the fringes of promotion to the premier league the fans (not me I hasten to add) were screaming at the club to "push on" to "make some ambitious signings", a little overstetch turned into a big over stretch and then before you know it the once prudent board have got into bed with some 'investors' (seems they invested f**k all) and three years later we have £17,700,00.00 debts!, it's all laid out in the CVA but none of us can quite believe how we racked that up, it certainly wasn't players.

Like you we came up as champions, like you we loved and trusted our boardroom, they were good people with the genuine best for the club at heart. Unlike 'us' I hope you keep your expectations realistic and don't put them under pressure to "kick on" beyond your means. It's hugely tempting when you are close, Blackpool got away with it, Hull too, but if you don't you'll go our way and it's horrible.

Something needs to be put in place to limit expenditure, not these stupid voluntary agreements.

It's always amusing when bankrupts try to advise others. Luckily we have a rich chairman who has a business head and treads cautiously. Brighton under his guidance will never be in administration.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great news that you still have a club, let's hope the new owners have an interest in PAFC not just the real estate

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good news. Good luck to PA for next season. Hope you get your £200k from QPR and come straight back up. Meanwhile, I see we are linked with Yannick Bolasie and Bondz n'Gala - are they any good and could you get decent money for them?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's always amusing when bankrupts try to advise others. Luckily we have a rich chairman who has a business head and treads cautiously. Brighton under his guidance will never be in administration.

Have a heart and read what X Isle is saying again. Even clubs which think they're being cautious and responsible can easily find themsleves tempted into the mire. Let's hope you're right but who can say for sure it will "never" happen?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have a heart and read what X Isle is saying again. Even clubs which think they're being cautious and responsible can easily find themsleves tempted into the mire. Let's hope you're right but who can say for sure it will "never" happen?

Exactly, we must have been very close over the last 10 years on a number of occasions and without TB it would almost certainly have happened eventually, reading between the lines.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pleased for Plymouth but as many have already said, the repayment is lamentable, some day soon a club won't get away with that. Part of the problem is that clubs seem to think they can go in and out of administration at will, take Crystal Palace for example.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Exactly, we must have been very close over the last 10 years on a number of occasions and without TB it would almost certainly have happened eventually, reading between the lines.

Possibly without TB, but it won't happen with TB! Maybe in the distant future if he sells out and realises a profit on his investment, the new owners might go down the spend what you haven't got route. But that is decades away.

Even if TB dies tomorrow, his family cannot change the financial deal that the holding company currently has on repayment of the stadium loan.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm a big supporter of Plymouth and have made that point a number of times on NSC, so I wasn't raising the point about Ridsdale to make fun, merely to suggest that the arrangement might suit some other people as much as it suits Plymouth not to go out of business.

I'm delighted that Plymouth will stay alive as a club but interested about this sympathetic reaction they are getting. They have dumped their debt and phoenixed their business like many before them (Palace, Portsmouth, Leeds etc). But the general reaction here is that this is a good thing. Whereas when other clubs did this we poured oprobrium on them. What is the difference here - why do people feel so well inclined to Plymouth? Is it because this happened despite them not over reaching themselves? In fact they did didn't they - they had huge salaries to carry in the Championship and then in L1. So what is the difference?

Not having a go - I have lots of personal reasons to be please Argyle are staying alive - just interested about the difference in reaction.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm a big supporter of Plymouth and have made that point a number of times on NSC, so I wasn't raising the point about Ridsdale to make fun, merely to suggest that the arrangement might suit some other people as much as it suits Plymouth not to go out of business.

I'm delighted that Plymouth will stay alive as a club but interested about this sympathetic reaction they are getting. They have dumped their debt and phoenixed their business like many before them (Palace, Portsmouth, Leeds etc). But the general reaction here is that this is a good thing. Whereas when other clubs did this we poured oprobrium on them. What is the difference here - why do people feel so well inclined to Plymouth? Is it because this happened despite them not over reaching themselves? In fact they did didn't they - they had huge salaries to carry in the Championship and then in L1. So what is the difference?

Not having a go - I have lots of personal reasons to be please Argyle are staying alive - just interested about the difference in reaction.

I think there are several reasons. One - they did what they could to sell players and meet as much of their debt as they could. Two - they've suffered relegation as a consequence. Three - the people at PAFC seems decent and honest - from Reid down. Four - Argyle fans have never been in denial about how wrong this situation is unlike some other clubs whose fans don't feel any guilt about their club going into administration and thereby ripping off creditors.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
AGree with all of those Crasher. Decent club and decent people in unfortunate situation that they tried to remedy. As opposed to those I mentioned who revelled in the good times and bleated when it went tits up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here