Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumbing Oddity

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure if anyone can help ... it's pretty weird tbh:

I live in a ground floor flat with a basement flat below. They've got a dishwasher under their kitchen sink.
My kitchen is directly above. When they run the dishwasher it causes a stop/start/stop/start banging in MY kitchen pipes?????
They haven't heard this (so far). Fortunately we get on well and are trying to resolve this together.
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Just curious, how well do you get on:whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
An arrestor might help Screenshot_20220202-174817_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not sure if anyone can help ... it's pretty weird tbh:

I live in a ground floor flat with a basement flat below. They've got a dishwasher under their kitchen sink.
My kitchen is directly above. When they run the dishwasher it causes a stop/start/stop/start banging in MY kitchen pipes?????
They haven't heard this (so far). Fortunately we get on well and are trying to resolve this together.
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Ask them to turn the appliance tap half closed, I think the valve on the dishwasher is closing abruptly and causing the hammer, if it is filling more slowly, the rate of flow will be less and cause less of a shock when the valve closes.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ask them to turn the appliance tap half closed, I think the valve on the dishwasher is closing abruptly and causing the hammer, if it is filling more slowly, the rate of flow will be less and cause less of a shock when the valve closes.

Many thanks for that. They have an Arrester. Last night they spoke to their plumber and it sounds very much like the water pressure in my flat is not OK ....... back to reading about hydraulic pressure zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Many thanks for that. They have an Arrester. Last night they spoke to their plumber and it sounds very much like the water pressure in my flat is not OK ....... back to reading about hydraulic pressure zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [emoji38]ol:
As someone else posted, fiddling around with the blue valve that feeds the dishwasher can sometimes help

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Many thanks for that. They have an Arrester. Last night they spoke to their plumber and it sounds very much like the water pressure in my flat is not OK ....... back to reading about hydraulic pressure zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lolol:
Do you share the same supply?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here