Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing Issues

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I REALLY NEED HELP. I am renting a flat soon and need to move this coming weekend. The problem is the flat is above a shop and the shop is saying our water stack is leaking or blocked. The shop owner says we should pay for it but they own the land but not the flat so is it my problem or the shop. They share the same pipes i am really confused the plumber does not know who should get it sorted help please.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
i'm not sure that here is the best place to get that kind of advice. why don't you speak to the flat owner?

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
you should tell the owner to ruddy sort it out. it is his/her property. maybe someone on here will know something but i'm afraid i don't! tell the landlord to sort it out or you're not paying him shit all

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
agreed its the landlord/lady's responsabality. i would stay well away and give their details to the shop owner

ack

Apr 20, 2006
As I gather the problem was there before you take tenancy,its down to the landlord and the owner to sort it out.As you have caused none of the problem just pass the numbers on and sit back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
100% the landlords problem, his property, his pipes. if he tries it on withholding the deposit (or giving a shity reference) say "small claims court" and he'll fold, he knows he'll lose as they neearly always do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here