Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] *** PLEASE READ: Upcoming Changes ***

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Now's the chance to resolve that.

Will notifications carry forward on the new platform.

I am on 924 notifications and desperately want to know if at 999 it resets to 0 or moves on to the thousands.

Am going to be seriously miffed if my personal experiment comes crashing down before i get to find out :moo:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’m obviously a Luddite but love Tapatalk for never having to log in, navigating threads/pages etc easily and not needing to pinch zoom in on my phone.

How do you do all of the above via iOS then? Which browser is best at emulating this experience?

If I can’t replicate it then I’ll just stop reading or contributing as much [yes yes I can hear you all rejoicing etc].

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
When we migrate you will need to login to NSC again and, experience tells me, a lot of people will come unstuck here, due to one of the following, if not both:

- No longer having access to the email address registered with NSC, preventing password reminders/resets from being received.
- Not knowing their NSC password due to staying parma-logged in.

If I have to change my password, will it have to be sophisticated, or can I keep something crudo?

will there be a pun filter?

:nono:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I’m obviously a Luddite but love Tapatalk for never having to log in, navigating threads/pages etc easily and not needing to pinch zoom in on my phone.

How do you do all of the above via iOS then? Which browser is best at emulating this experience?

If I can’t replicate it then I’ll just stop reading or contributing as much [yes yes I can hear you all rejoicing etc].

I'm using Chrome on Android phone and never need to log in (or, more precisely, once in a blue moon when Bozza's been fiddling but I have the Google password manager set up so it remembers the details). Navigation seems easy enough(?) and I can double-tap any text for it to zoom in and out to the correct width.

I used Tapatalk some years ago for another forum and found it to be a soul-destroying mess of an app, so, horses for courses. :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm using Chrome on Android phone and never need to log in (or, more precisely, once in a blue moon when Bozza's been fiddling but I have the Google password manager set up so it remembers the details). Navigation seems easy enough(?) and I can double-tap any text for it to zoom in and out to the correct width.

I used Tapatalk some years ago for another forum and found it to be a soul-destroying mess of an app, so, horses for courses. :shrug:

I’ve tried this since reading this thread but I’m just lazy and like the format of four clicks from opening the app to reading just a thread to replying rather than click, password, resize page, zoom in again to click on a thread, click to move to a new page, scroll, zoom, click again to reply, swivel device to make replying not a total pain in the arse and click again.

I fully get the functionality angle but for ease of use on a mobile device Tapatalk is so much quicker and easier.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can you make sure you do regression testing, create a maintenance window that doesn’t affect too many users, ie outside UK a business hours when we all use NSC most and finally bring your change to a Change Advisory Board for approval.

Such is the life of a Global Change Manager of 21 years :ffsparr:

And it when it all goes wrong (and everything is collapsing around) you can sit back comfortably knowing you followed your procedures to the letter and will probably receive a bonus.

:clap:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I’ve never had an advert appear in Tapatalk.
How come?

You are missing all the lovely ladies who want to become part of your life / bank account.

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Will notifications carry forward on the new platform.

I am on 924 notifications and desperately want to know if at 999 it resets to 0 or moves on to the thousands.

Am going to be seriously miffed if my personal experiment comes crashing down before i get to find out :moo:

I shall quote you to give another notification [emoji3]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’ve tried this since reading this thread but I’m just lazy and like the format of four clicks from opening the app to reading just a thread to replying rather than click, password, resize page, zoom in again to click on a thread, click to move to a new page, scroll, zoom, click again to reply, swivel device to make replying not a total pain in the arse and click again.

I fully get the functionality angle but for ease of use on a mobile device Tapatalk is so much quicker and easier.

Agreed. But if Bozza says the new platform has much better mobile functionality then I'll trust him on that one (provided it's not just better for Apple users ??? ).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Do I get to keep my special footer message listing out all the managers in our history?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here