Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PLEASE...PLEASE...Don’t boo our players today!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It’s a small minority, but the abuse Gaitan Bong received for the Massive game was absolutely unacceptable. I expect it at Burnley and other tinpot clubs, but it genuinely shocked me that we do it too.

If he’s not putting in the effort then I understand, but if a player just can’t cross, it doesn’t warrant getting on his back. That’s not how we motivate players, it makes them play WORSE. If we support players and sing their name they feel good and confident, and that’s where we want them. That’s how we win football matches.

So whatever happens today against Villa, if we don’t start off right, or if Dale misplaces a pass, don’t make your frustrations known on the pitch. It genuinely WILL effect the game, and I really want three points today. :albion2:

Booing your own players is never an attractive trait, but unacceptable, really? Snowflake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was booing in my head at full time but there is ZERO mileage in actually booing the players off the pitch. However disappointed you are I reckon it’s much worse for the players, they will know they blew the second half badly I’m sure. Making the atmosphere toxic at the Amex will only make things worse. Keep the booing in your head :smile:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought they were booing the ref for not doing more in booking Villa players for their 'bookable' fouls.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do you imagine that you are sitting in the South-East corner when you are listening on the radio, then :wink:

I can imagine anything you like Watford.:hilton:

I thought they were booing the ref for not doing more in booking Villa players for their 'bookable' fouls.
Maybe they were booing the the old geezers in the west lower for getting up every 5 mins for a wazz.:wave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nah - the boos were immediately as the ref blew the whistle.

I thought it was a collective groan more so than a proper boo! It subsided quickly.

I believe the drop off in our style and the tinkering every game, a lot of the questioning is not at the players but that Potter is the new Tinkerman and we need to get some continuity in our system and please play our players in their best positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here