Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, no balloons etc at Liverpool.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I seem to remember a few people on here at the beginning of the season saying how crap it would be waving flags at the Donny game.

Very true. Few balloons, flags, inflatable seagulls and spinning blue and white scarves. Harmless fun!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I wonder what these moaning oldies made of the flags, hats, rattles and most memorably the foam hands in the 83 cup final. Did they cringe? Bet they didn't.

Look at these utter spineless cringers letting out team down, What did people think about us ay! I can see FACE PAINT, SCARFS, THE OLD SWIRLY HATS I USED TO LOVE, AND IT GETS WORSE GROWN MEN WEARING FOOTBALL SHIRTS I COULD DIE.

goldston5.jpg

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
There should be no balloons and no flags. Everyone should sit down and not look happy. (That statement could be out of jealousy as I couldn't get a ticket).

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
There should be no balloons and no flags. Everyone should sit down and not look happy. (That statement could be out of jealousy as I couldn't get a ticket).

:lol:

Absolutely this - would make us look like a tin pot club

I'll tell you what Liverpool fans will think: They'll think they are playing a newly-promoted side in the League Championship and seeing as the odds are heavily stacked against us, this is effectively our cup final. We're taking 6,000 fans for Christ's sake. Why try to pretend that it isn't a big deal? All this too cool for school bollocks is fooling no-one.

Why can't you just cheer on Brighton in your way and let others cheer them on in their own way? It's ironic that those who moan the loudest about restrictions on personal freedom at football, I'm looking at you Working Class Pride, are the ones who are the most vociferous in demanding what fans can sing, wear, bring, eat at a footie game.

Feb 14, 2010
Pot Noodles, you make the other viewpoints viewpoint for us. Its not the cup final in 1983 or the Charity Shield in 1910, its just the scousers away. If you turn up in your jester hat and balloons, then the scousers will quite rightly patronise you, as will tv. But its up to you, just dont whine when all the press pat you on the head nicely and go, aw shucks didnt they have the day of their lives.

Feb 14, 2010
I'll tell you what Liverpool fans will think: They'll think they are playing a newly-promoted side in the League Championship and seeing as the odds are heavily stacked against us, this is effectively our cup final. We're taking 6,000 fans for Christ's sake. Why try to pretend that it isn't a big deal? All this too cool for school bollocks is fooling no-one.

No mate, the souse fans that know about football will remember us in the top flight, remember the battle for the goldstone and no mate, the Charity Shiled 1910 and the FA Cup final were our cup finals. This is Liverpool away in the FA Cup.

Pot Noodles, you make the other viewpoints viewpoint for us. Its not the cup final in 1983 or the Charity Shield in 1910, its just the scousers away. If you turn up in your jester hat and balloons, then the scousers will quite rightly patronise you, as will tv. But its up to you, just dont whine when all the press pat you on the head nicely and go, aw shucks didnt they have the day of their lives.

"Just the Scousers away". Yeah, we often play Liverpool away and take 6,000 fans along, don't we?

I think you're the one who the Scousers are going to rip the piss out of if you go up there and pretend it isn't a big deal to play at Anfield in the FA Cup. Tell you what, I'll go up there, cheer on the Albion and savour the atmosphere whilst you mooch around telling anyone who will listen that Brighton are a massive club with a fanbase made up from a mythical Sussex lumpenproletariat.

And I'll have the better time. I guarantee that.

Last edited:

No mate, the souse fans that know about football will remember us in the top flight, remember the battle for the goldstone and no mate, the Charity Shiled 1910 and the FA Cup final were our cup finals.

Can you please promise me that if you engage a "Scouse who knows about football" in conversation about our 1910 Charity Shield trophy that you'll video their reaction and post it on here for me?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It'll make us look like Exeter or some noddy outfit. Ok, It's the 5th round but we'll be here more than the lower teams.

Didn't see Wrexham bring balloons etc to ours.

Just turn up and sing and support the lads.
Totally agree as balloons etc are really for lower league club fans on a big day out,we are in the top half of the championship and we,ve already played liverpool once this season.

Balloons are shite and are super gay,really is a stupid idea considering we,re aiming for the prem as we speak.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Can you please promise me that if you engage a "Scouse who knows about football" in conversation about our 1910 Charity Shield trophy that you'll video their reaction and post it on here for me?

i think you need to chill out and look at things from another viewpoint. i understand the jester hat thing, i just think its daft and you will get patronised. the rest of your angry posts i will let slide

i think you need to chill out and look at things from another viewpoint. i understand the jester hat thing, i just think its daft and you will get patronised. the rest of your angry posts i will let slide

At what point in my post that you've quoted do I appear stressed? You're the one giving yourself an aneurysm about how a load of Scousers will perceive us. I'll happily take the Pepsi challenge with you on whose the better adjusted football fan based on what we've posted on this thread.

As for the 1910 Charity Shield - I really would love to see the reaction of the Liverpool fans when you start bringing that up in conversation.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
right, personally i really don't care what you think about Balloons, i have just ordered 100 Blue, 100 white from Ebay, and they will be coming to Anfield with me and my Inflatable seagull. Might dig out my Inflatable FA cup as well.

Yes i will be wearing colours and i am in mi mid 30's.

I will be supporting my team as i have done for ages, as i do on every Home & nearly every away game.

I will wear my Hat and Scarf as well, and if anyone thinks i am a ****, that is there opinion, and i would be happy to discuss this with them personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here