Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please Mr Referee - call it off now!

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Mr Referee, whoever you, please call the game off now and save us all a lot of heartache.

I have a 60 mile journey to get there and have just measured 9 inches of snow in my garden and it is still snowing - and forecast to do so for the next 24 hours.

Even if the pitch can be cleared, what chance the stands being 'safe'?

Sorry to be a misery, but lets be sensible here.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Totally agree, I have to make a 75 mile journey, at present, I can't even drive out of my driveway.

Also need to consider whether the Peterborough coach could make it through the snow

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
we have a 3 1/2 hour journey no snow here but i wont be making the trip unless conditions improve across country

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I see the club site is now saying that the game is in 'extreme doubt'. That feeels like only one step away from postponement.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not sure if Mill road will be passable. Other more main roads in town are impassable (Elm Grove, Southover Street and Bear road to name a few)
Im sure its in the T&C's that we need to have the park and ride operating to play a match or am i wrong??

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
guys, the club will do everything possible to get the game on and it cant be called off right now. As the website says they (and i!) will look at the situation throughout the day and everyone is keen to avoid a late decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here