Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoffs, your thoughts

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Part of me wants the play-offs just so that Zamora can score a last minute winner in the final!

I wouldn't enjoy them until that moment though...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For the first time since we moved to the Amex I feel that we are actually equal to anyone in this division. Bring it on, whatever it is!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would love to be top 2, would love a Wembley outing, pretty confident it'll be one or the other with the squad and management team we've got. Won't be hugely distressed if we don't go up - can see us smashing it next season if not.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Part of me wants the play-offs just so that Zamora can score a last minute winner in the final!

I wouldn't enjoy them until that moment though...

Zamora is the man for the big occasion(richest one-off match). The Championship Play-offs master. Has one player had a bigger impact in this mini competition over the years? Give him 15 minutes and he could hand us the ticket to the promised land. Imagine if it's us versus Derby in the final. The faces of their players as he strips off to come on in the 75th minute. A tear starts to trickle down Richard Keogh's cheek:albion2:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a feeling we could still be in the top 2. CH has made the top 2 before when he won the league with Newcastle.

He also made the play offs with Birmingham and I think it is how you approach the play offs that determine success. I don't think he approached the play offs right with Birmingham. You need to be bold and really go for it when you reach the play offs, especially the semi final.

I can't remember how the scores went but Birmingham went so far behind before mounting a late comeback in the last 20 mins of 2nd leg. I think he will have learned from that. Also, Birmingham had over achieved making the play offs with the squad he had and on paper and in play, the other teams had all been better teams during the season.

This Brighton squad is a lot better than the Birmingham squad so I think he would be a lot bolder and take the game to the opposition a lot more than Birmingham did. That said all the clubs that make the play offs this year will all be very good sides so it will be hard to call.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This is not a good way to feel, but sadly I am with you :down:

IG, you have a history of glass-half-empty, Eeyoristic negativism
graphics-eeyore-766933.gif
; just because we're in such an exciting position, why change the habit of lifetime?! :lolol:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I would really really like to see us at Wembley. I have seen England there a couple of times but with very few away supporters there was little atmosphere. But yes an absolute lottery

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't feel too confident about it. Our form on sky is pretty poor. We get occasional victories, but we'd need to win at least two out of three games. I'm not convinced we'd have it in us. Especially if I show up (our past play off successes have been in games I've not attended (swindon, bristol), the ones I've gone to (county, palace, derby) we've lost. If we don't sneak into the automatic spots, I will probably listen to the games on the radio.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
I don't get the correlation between being on Sky and poor form. What's being on TV got to do with it? Can someone explain to me how that affects how a team plays? Surely it's just coincidence. Same goes for comments about play off performances. Different players,different manager. People are even referring to the play off win against Brizzle. What has that got to do with anything? Different era! Too much is read into these things

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I would really really like to see us at Wembley. I have seen England there a couple of times but with very few away supporters there was little atmosphere. But yes an absolute lottery
Its all self, self, self with you then. You should have gone in 1983 or 1991. it got to be top 2. Be bold and take the bull by the horns and it could really happen. Have faith.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get the correlation between being on Sky and poor form. What's being on TV got to do with it? Can someone explain to me how that affects how a team plays? Surely it's just coincidence. Same goes for comments about play off performances. Different players,different manager. People are even referring to the play off win against Brizzle. What has that got to do with anything? Different era! Too much is read into these things

It shouldn't matter, but our form on Sky is too poor in comparison to not being on sky for it to be a coincidence. This season alone there is a clear difference

2w 2d 3l - 1.14 points per game on tv
14w 12d 2l - 1.93 points per game not on tv

Why? I don't know, attitudes? People thinking too much about a larger audience (potential for bigger teams to spot them and garner interest) and becoming distracted? Not adapting well to the different kick off time? Not reacting well to the TV dictated pre-match timing? Superstition and the knowledge that the team they are playing for have a bad history on tv? Football gods enjoy making us play bad when more palace fans can watch?

Or of course it could just be coincidence, but it it's an extraordinary one if so.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Having experienced a winning and losing final, on the whole I think I hate the play-offs.

Winning the play off final is the best way to get promoted. I'd rather go up via the play offs than automatic.

Losing the play off final, or worse, losing the semi's to "them" is by far and away the worst way to not get promoted. I'd rather finish 7th and miss out than lose at Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here