Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing Pompey pre-season in Spain

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
....... according to the Argus.

How can they afford the flights? I suppose its appropriate that they're heading for a country that's almost as bankrupt as they are!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be tasty at night...!

Caveman2012

Jun 18, 2012
I think they must of gone self catering via easyjet or something.
I wish the tax payer paid for me to go on holiday.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Will be tasty at night...!

There is one club who will not leave any rivalries, malice or derby fervour at home. They have taken it to England games and friendlies for many years. For those going to Spain/Portugal, don't come back surprised if does get a little more than lively against the Skates!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i thought we'd finally seen the back of them but then they keep on popping up and coming back again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not entirely surprised because they are there in the same area and could only manage to arrange one game. At the moment though, they don't have a full team to play let alone a squad.

Their other game is against a Gibralter side so we have at least done a little better with Cordoba - plus a late night finish to a match in Marbs at least means our fans can have a few beers then kip on the beach before heading back to their bases the next day.

All somewhat underwhelming as neither game is going to test the team although the players will doubtless enjoy the sunshine.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not entirely surprised because they are there in the same area and could only manage to arrange one game. At the moment though, they don't have a full team to play let alone a squad.

Their other game is against a Gibralter side so we have at least done a little better with Cordoba - plus a late night finish to a match in Marbs at least means our fans can have a few beers then kip on the beach before heading back to their bases the next day.

All somewhat underwhelming as neither game is going to test the team although the players will doubtless enjoy the sunshine.

Pre-season games are more about team bonding and getting fit, and foreign tours more about the team getting away together away from families to get fitness levels up to standard.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In 2 weeks times Pompey will only have triallists and youth team players to pick from

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
....... according to the Argus.

How can they afford the flights? I suppose its appropriate that they're heading for a country that's almost as bankrupt as they are!

They're not paying for the flights! They're playing Gibraltar at some point on their tour and the Gibraltar FA generally pay for clubs to fly out there to play the national team because they want to play reasonably good teams as they're still trying to be accepted into UEFA.

Couple of my cousins is playing for the Gib national team so hoping they do a job on Pompey!

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
The Argus got it wrong again. The Pompey game is being played in Jerez not Cadiz according to @OfficialBHAFC. Fcuk knows how I'm gonna get from Jerez to Marbella without a car. Where there's a will there's a way!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
They're not paying for the flights! They're playing Gibraltar at some point on their tour and the Gibraltar FA generally pay for clubs to fly out there to play the national team because they want to play reasonably good teams as they're still trying to be accepted into UEFA.

Couple of my cousins is playing for the Gib national team so hoping they do a job on Pompey!

The missus' gandma is Gib too - the missus is pretty good at 800/400 and was trying to get her to represent them in the Island games!

Went over there for the tricentennial 'hands round the rock' thing in 2005, good crack over there!

Yep Pompey like their away trips..remember from South today a load of their lot getting lifted coming back from Le Havre after they had kicked off in a friendly :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here