Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players linked with the Albion - Summer 2012

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just as an aside with no relevence at all........................ ex-Albion keeper Mitch Walker has signed for (part timers) Dover Athletic under the management of former Brighton captain Nicky Forster. Ex-Brighton midfielder Steven Thompson has also joined them from St Mirren. Agustin Battipiedi also played for them last season but his contract has come to an end.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Reid or someone else?

Gonna be disappointed if it is Reid because he doesn't start tonight.

Bostwick maybe? He has been mentioned before

Former Posh keeper, Joe Lewis, keenly followed by many on here, has spoken to Cardiff and Ipswich reportedly

Derby turn down a £1.2m offer for Jason Shackell from Burnley

Leeds and Middlesboro vying for Pompey's Luke Varney priced @£375K

West Ham offload Ravel Morrison after less than a season, Piquionne and John Carew

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
West Ham offload Ravel Morrison after less than a season, Piquionne and John Carew

Where did you hear that? Morrison was supposed to be United's next big thing, although he apparently likes a night out and a scrap too often. I GUARANTEE though, someone will suggest we try and sign Carew or Piquionne. Y'know, because they're a name. Even though they're 35, both on 20k+p/w and well past it - but they're both big and strong. So, someone will want them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Where did you hear that? Morrison was supposed to be United's next big thing, although he apparently likes a night out and a scrap too often. I GUARANTEE though, someone will suggest we try and sign Carew or Piquionne. Y'know, because they're a name. Even though they're 35, both on 20k+p/w and well past it - but they're both big and strong. So, someone will want them.

WHUFCNews on Twitter and Ian "Moose" Abrahams tweeting it - he is a lifelong hammers fan so likely to be right

Behaviour linked seemingly

Piquionne and Carew haven't got two good legs between them - they'd make Kanu (he's available from Pompey) look fit

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just to be slightly serious for a moment. We are being linked with 4 of the loan players from last season in the argus:

Albion loan stars are gone but not forgotten From The Argus)

Mattock, Reyes, Assulin & Vokes.

And Dean Marney here:
Claret Dean is a wanted Marn From Lancashire Telegraph)

But Gus has distanced us as wages are too high, either to get Marney to lower his request, or to stop other potential targets asking for too much cash.

I think the Marney thing was just trying to advertise we don't have that much cash.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd love Mattock back, solid and good going forward. Assulin would potentially be amazing. I don't want Vokes back but for me the jury's out on Reyes.

I<3joehart89

Feb 10, 2012
would like to see Vokes back next season. He offered that ariel threat that CMS and Barnes didnt. He also came across as a real tryer. We will see. Without a doubt though they do need someone with some presence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
James Hayter available on a free from Doncaster - possibly one of the best headers of a ball in the Championship.

Interesting?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
James Hayter available on a free from Doncaster - possibly one of the best headers of a ball in the Championship.

Interesting?

Hmmm... when we were in L1, yes... not so sure now...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why, has he changed heads?

HaHa... no, I'll think you'll find he scored 5 goals in 33 appearances last season... not exactly great at our level... whereas I recall he was a bit of a star at B'muff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here