Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Player' wot a joke

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
Don't know if anyone else is having issues with 'Player' ? On Saturday I logged on as usual only to be told that my subscription had expired. Funny that as they took money for it in Oct. There is no way of contacting them by phone, so I sent a couple of strong emails, tried to log in again at end of 1st half & it worked. All through 2nd half it kept cutting out & on one occasion it reloaded with the Leeds match commentary !! According to Player ( after several more emails) there were 'no issues' & if I have any more probs I only have to email them AAAAAAAAAAGH !! Not happy, just wondered if anyone else was having probs

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the only issue i have with player, is when the video keeps freezing.
i never listen to the audio commentary

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Seagulls player is like some kind of shit joke. The Website is as good as unusable from a mobile phone and for matchdays the experience is like going to the Dentist. If you manage to log in (Easier said than done, server error etc etc), its then like roulette if the commentary is up. It must have cut out about 10 times over the Bolton game including Bruno's goal. Many times I had to switch to the Bolton commentary where their Motty only seemed to know the name of Bruno/

I wouldn't mind if it was an isolated incident. You can almost time your watch by the 'Player not working' on Match days. I would go elsewhere but I can't because it is a monopoly so I'm stuck with this useless piece of shite unless I want to watch the over excitable knob heads on Sky Sports news or get my dad to put the radio against the phone like in 1980.

It pains me that I pay money for this shit.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I use player on my mobile and have to keep restoring it to the desktop version to make it usable but that done the video is accessible. The disjointed conmentary periodically cutting in and out has been a major issue for the three years I've subscribed - sometimes it effects everyone and sometimes it is entirely random but the issue is with them. The fact that they are pretty much uncobtactable just makes it even more ennervating.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is crap , £36 a year - but without it there is no way to listen to the whole Albion radio commentary up here in the northern wastelands.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Seagulls player is like some kind of shit joke. The Website is as good as unusable from a mobile phone and for matchdays the experience is like going to the Dentist. If you manage to log in (Easier said than done, server error etc etc), its then like roulette if the commentary is up. It must have cut out about 10 times over the Bolton game including Bruno's goal. Many times I had to switch to the Bolton commentary where their Motty only seemed to know the name of Bruno/

I wouldn't mind if it was an isolated incident. You can almost time your watch by the 'Player not working' on Match days. I would go elsewhere but I can't because it is a monopoly so I'm stuck with this useless piece of shite unless I want to watch the over excitable knob heads on Sky Sports news or get my dad to put the radio against the phone like in 1980.

It pains me that I pay money for this shit.

most of this.

Been paying for it for years but as long as I could eventually log in and get the commentary running I could never be bothered to complain. Have done a couple of times recently though as it's been really shit and the video has got really poor.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I am on Firefox & yeah it was about 10 times that it crashed on Saturday.
They absolutely do not give a shit because, as said before, if you are outside Sussex (I am exiled in Doncaster) then you have no choice but to be ripped off by their shit service !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Has to be a server issue surely?

It is interesting that some of you are also getting playback problems - this has started happening for me again now. Just tried to watch the press conference for tonight and it was unwatchable. I has this problem last year, but that was mainly due to my crap internet connection. It has not been an issue recently, but has started again.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Talk with your feet - if everyone cancelled their subscription - and I mean everyone, what's the chances that commentary would return to usual internet broadcast.

It's what many other clubs get, BHA are just one of a few where we're held over a [shitty pay per service] barrel.

I say: Player OUT !!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I constantly get cut outs, also videos dont always load. Video issues are not as bad as last year. I have been emailing them regularly due to all their issues, I got one month extra free, but it doesnt really help if they cant provided a decent service on matchday. I have no other way to catch the games over here in Germany and really hope they get their shit together soon. I have been replying to emails and am slowly getting quite a sizable email, which I am hoping they cannot ignore for much longer. Missing the goal on Saturday was a real pain! I have told them that this is a multi-user issue and if this thread gets bigger I will send them a link to it as proof!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I constantly get cut outs, also videos dont always load. Video issues are not as bad as last year. I have been emailing them regularly due to all their issues, I got one month extra free, but it doesnt really help if they cant provided a decent service on matchday. I have no other way to catch the games over here in Germany and really hope they get their shit together soon. I have been replying to emails and am slowly getting quite a sizable email, which I am hoping they cannot ignore for much longer. Missing the goal on Saturday was a real pain! I have told them that this is a multi-user issue and if this thread gets bigger I will send them a link to it as proof!

I'll just add to the thread then to say that I've also been having problems with Player. Saturday was one of the worst, but it seems to have been a lot worse in general since their update.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
You could link this thread to every other thread on the subject.....you'll find them every match day. For a subscriber service it is a pretty shoddy effort.

PLAYER OUT!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am on Firefox & yeah it was about 10 times that it crashed on Saturday.
They absolutely do not give a shit because, as said before, if you are outside Sussex (I am exiled in Doncaster) then you have no choice but to be ripped off by their shit service !

There is another way. If you know someone back in Sussex, then get them to place their phone by the radio and listen in on yours. I did that loads when I lived in Liverpool. Of course it means no-one can phone their landline for a couple of hours but it does work.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't know if anyone else is having issues with 'Player' ? On Saturday I logged on as usual only to be told that my subscription had expired. Funny that as they took money for it in Oct. There is no way of contacting them by phone, so I sent a couple of strong emails, tried to log in again at end of 1st half & it worked. All through 2nd half it kept cutting out & on one occasion it reloaded with the Leeds match commentary !! According to Player ( after several more emails) there were 'no issues' & if I have any more probs I only have to email them AAAAAAAAAAGH !! Not happy, just wondered if anyone else was having probs

Is you a playa hater bro?

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
There is another way. If you know someone back in Sussex, then get them to place their phone by the radio and listen in on yours. I did that loads when I lived in Liverpool. Of course it means no-one can phone their landline for a couple of hours but it does work.

Easier to use this Listen to Saturday Sport on BBC Sussex online or you can listen on here on iphone or ipad but not always available BBC Sussex - 104.8 FM Chichester - Listen Online tonights match is on this but not the 1st one and the 1st one isn't available on either device.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here