Player Ratings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He could have brought Obika on a LOT earlier. He also could have attempted to instill in the players some sense of urgency and put across the importance of this game for the fans and the club.

You think we were unlucky? Were you watching the game with your eyes closed?

Of course we weren't unlucky. We rightfully lost to the better side.

Putting across the importance of the game was done? I'm pretty sure I saw lost of efforts made by the club (advertising, free tickets, etc). And how is this Oscars fault?

Yes he could have brought Obika on sooner, it probably wouldn't of helped though. But how does that justify a managerial score if one?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult game to score, first half nobody would have got over a 4, second half there were some 6's or 7's.

Brezovan 3
Calderon 4
Dunk 5
Upson 5
Ward 6
Lopez 4
Caskey 4
Ince 5
Andrews 4
Rodriguez 4
Ulloa 6

Subs:
Lualua 5
March 5
Obika n/a

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You mean the Lopez whose free kick was so well delivered it put the ball in pretty much the only place Ulloa could score from - further forward, Ulloa isn't getting to it, further back, if Ulloa does manage to get to it before a defender he can't get it directed on goal.

Completely agree with this. Fantastic delivery from the free kick, which is more than anyone else did, and I thought he did okay in the second half. Obviously he, as with everyone else, was poor in the first half but he certainly doesn't deserve significantly less than most players.

As for the reaction on here, we weren't great and I'm not happy with certain decisions but from the ratings you would think we'd lost 5-0 to a team from League 1. If we win on Saturday, the same over reactionary people will be on top of the world and saying we're going to get to the play offs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Three drinks and I'm still angry

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No ratings, just thoughts

Brez - Was due one of his bad games
JFC - Should share equal responsibility, what was he doing on the post just watching the ball?
March - I've yet to see him actually do anything of note. Sure, he has some pace, but he seems lost when he has got to the edge of the penalty box and doesn't seem to know what to do unless there's an easy short ball on.
KLL - Again, like v Wigan, didn't seem to use his pace or run at defenders.
Ince - I've noticed recently, when he's making clearing headers, doesn't ever seem to put any direction on them, more interested in heading it, than where to, and often it just ends up back with our opponents

Why is there no desire, no variety in our attacks? We rarely attack in numbers, been a couple of games since we attacked with any pace, and when we do get numbers in the box, they all make the same run and 99 times out of 100 the ball goes elsewhere (either directly, or from a clearance/deflection) and we have no one to get it.

Why are we so poor when we play a televised game?

On the plus side, it'll avoid all the Gus mess being dragged up again.

Ok, so that's 8 for Brezovan, 8 for Rodriguez, and 9 for Lopez. 0 for everyone else.

You mean the Lopez whose free kick was so well delivered it put the ball in pretty much the only place Ulloa could score from - further forward, Ulloa isn't getting to it, further back, if Ulloa does manage to get to it before a defender he can't get it directed on goal.

Yes that Lopez. Unless we should pick players just incase they have one sec of brilliance. I could count on one hand how many moments of magic Lopez has bestowed on us.

Unless we just keep playing these players that are not good enough and become a mid table championship team year after year. I dont expect you to agree with me but this is my opinion which, like everyone, I am entitled to.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Brezovan - 1
Ward - 4
Upson - 3
Dunk - 6
Calderon - 1

Andrews - 3
JFC - 3
Ince - 5

Rodriguez - 1
Ulloa - 7
Lopez - 3

LuaLua - 2
March - 5

Manager - 1

Where did the 1s come from for Brez and Oscar, can we give minus scores?

He's a really nice guy, but I honestly hope I never see him in goal for us again.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Based on watching on the tele:

Brez 2. No need to explain.
Calderon 5. I guess he did his best.
Dunk 5. Gets one for the shot (deserved a goal), apart from that a nondescript game.
Upson 5. Not one of his best games.
Ward 6. Generally defended well and got forward with some purpose.
Andrews 4. He gets an extra point for a much improved performance once Ince went off.
Ince 7. MOM. The only player to have had a decent first half. Hope the injury is not serious.
JFC 2. Unfortunately he proved tonight beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not good enough.
Lopez 5. Not his worst game, but nowhere near good enough. Great free kick for the goal.
Rodrigues 2. I thought we had signed a decent player? His first couple of appearances looked quite encouraging, but Saturday and today were awful. How many times did he touch the ball?
Ulloa 6. Nicely taken goal, but not back to his best. Needs more support.

Subs:
KLL 6. Injected a bit of energy into the game, but a very average performance by his standards. Beat his man once, I believe.
March 6. Confirmed what an exciting prospect he is.
Obika - not on long enough.

Manager 2.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm watching the second half now as i was off to play myself, and i think we're the dominant force really battling away. Andrews has played some excellent passes and Lopez apart from the assist itself has had some top touches. The first half they clearly had in the bag helped so greatly by Brez's lack of authority, but this performance was no disgrace at all. I am much more revolted by the grumblers and groaners who after the merest mistake are there to launch their ungentlemanly stabbings on those who almost all gave their all.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Of course we weren't unlucky. We rightfully lost to the better side.

Putting across the importance of the game was done? I'm pretty sure I saw lost of efforts made by the club (advertising, free tickets, etc). And how is this Oscars fault?

Yes he could have brought Obika on sooner, it probably wouldn't of helped though. But how does that justify a managerial score if one?

12 tackles in the first half. TWELVE. You think that is acceptable?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm watching the second half now as i was off to play myself, and i think we're the dominant force really battling away. Andrews has played some excellent passes and Lopez apart from the assist itself has had some top touches. The first half they clearly had in the bag helped so greatly by Brez's lack of authority, but this performance was no disgrace at all. I am much more revolted by the grumblers and groaners who after the merest mistake are there to launch their ungentlemanly stabbings on those who almost all gave their all.

The lack of interest from all in the first half was a complete insult to the fans that travelled.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Brezovan - 0 - Genuinely dreadful.
Ward - 5 - Showed some passion, looked better once LuaLua came on.
Upson - 5 - Looked knackered after 15mins.
Dunk - 6 - Made some errors but played ok mostly.
Calderon - 5 - Showed heart but gave the ball away too often.
Ince - 5 - Not his best by far.
Andrews - 2 - Biggest under performer, very weak on the ball, poor distribution.
JFC - 3 - No imagination with his passing and so weak on the ball.
Lopez - 5 - Nothing special, good set pieces that's it.
Rodriguez - 1 - Saw him make one run all half, not good at all.
Ulloa - 7 - Showed more passion than most, put in a shift with no support, good header and really was playing for the fans, first over to clap after the final whistle as well. Feel sorry for him atm.

Subs
Lua Lua - 6 - Opened up the game a bit more, still isn't showing any of the special talent of last year.
March - 6 - A few good runs but no end product, a great run in added time but the shot was poor, has real potential though.
Obika - 5 - No real time to judge but does try a lot more than he gets credit for.

First half was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Second was just a lacklustre version of Saturdays comeback attempt. It can't get much worse, roll on Saturday and Stephens/Buckley/Koosh/Orlandi all hopefully back in the lineup.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ward has got to be worth an extra point for the interception near the end.
Likewise Lopez for the free kick that led to our goal.
Ulloa for the goal, a point as well.

That's three points then.

I might even award Dunk a point for not fouling Aluko when he got them a free kick.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Brezovan - 4
Ward - 6
Dunk - 5
Upson - 6
Calderon - 4
Ince - 6
Andrews - 5
JFC - 4
Dave - 5