Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

player ratings

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
People reading too much into individuals the tactics were completely wrong from the start and we actually did well in the first half under the circumstances but once Swindon worked out that we had no chance of scoring in a month of Sundays they forced the game and the gamble paid off. With no strikers and Vicente out of position the team were chasing shadows god we need that new striker now or it's going to be frustrating on a plus the 2 full back look class but the rest of the team need to match them. Harley was no worse than any of the other 5 midfielders. Spain maybe able to play without real strikers but we can't and this must be addressed now.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Noone, Dunk and Dicker were the standout poor performances for me.

Bruno and Bridge looked very promising and showed good attacking mentality as well as being solid at the back.

The others I thought looked kinda average. Harley included. We all know what Vicente is capable of and he didn't get enough chances to show what he can do tonight.

Don't understand the hate shown towards Harley, he wasn't great tonight, but to give him a 0, 1 or 2 for tonights performance is laughable. He has the potential to be a handy squad player for us if he gets a bit of confidence and hits form.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Formation 4-6-0

Barnes 4 - Far from his best game, looked to be back to his old ways, needless pathetic booking.

All subs 5.

Why surprised about that, I have seen that constantly, its just occasionally that ball flies in off his arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For God's sake, get off Harley's back. If anyone was to blame tonight it was Noone. Or Poyet, for getting rid of Navs after such a storming end to last season.
Harley is a good player. He will come good. But not if everyone slags him off whenever we loose.
Get over it. Swindon are a good side that will do well this season. With Buckley, CMS and the new CF, we will do well.

Have you been drinking?

Harley didn't misplace any passes tonight due to the fact the lazy arse didn't get in a position to be passed to in the first place. He is a complete waste of good air, in all my time watching Brighton (4 decades) I don't recall seeing such a lazy bastard as him. Don't know if he has any talent because he never does anything to show it. The man's a hindrance.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Formation 4-6-0

Kuszczak 5 - Not much to do apart from pick the ball out of the onion bag.

Bruno 7 - Best player on the park by a country mile.
Greer 5 - Shaky, the booing got to him, unprofessional.
Dunk 4 - Far from his best game, didn't look focused to me.
Bridge 6 - Good solid performance until he got tired, which was inevitable.

Bridcutt 6 - Standard Bridcutt performance, good tackling, little wrong.
Dicker 4 - Has had a whole summer but still looks unfit and dreadfully slow.
Harley 5 - One or two nice passes but still seems not to want to get stuck in.
Vicente 6 - Far from his best game but still a threat with some lovely touches.
Noone 3 - Dreadful, lost the ball time after time, still can't cross, worst player on the park.
Barnes 4 - Far from his best game, looked to be back to his old ways, needless pathetic booking.

All subs 5.

:thumbsup:
Pretty much spot on.

Maybe a 4 for Barnes is a little generous. Missed a couple of good chances, lacked the energy of CMS and started Swindon's best move in the first half.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just back from the game. We were very poor, as I'm sure you all saw on Sky.

Just a few observations:

It's the League Cup. We were missing CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, LuaLua, Crofts etc. It meant nothing today, and I dare say we will see a few changes in personnel and in attitude for Saturday, and I'm sure we will come out with a far better result.

Swindon were far better than us in the second half. We came out of the blocks well, but as soon as that goal went in, our heads just dropped, and it looked as if not one of those players on the pitch cared.

Ah well, its the bloody League Cup after all. If we get a good result on Saturday, I'm sure everyone will have forgotten tonight's woeful performance.

Ratings:

Tomasz- 5

Bruno-6- Best of a bad bunch
Greer-3- kept lumping the ball aimlessly out to the flank in the first half, sending the ball off into the stands on a fair few occasions. Looked very out of sorts.
Dunk-4- Meh.
Bridge-5- Looked to get forward in the first half but not much came off for him. Got abused the whole game as well, which I'm sure we'll see at every away game this season.

Noone-3- Beat his man well enough on a few occasions but just had no end product at all. Really poor. He had a big opportunity to show Gus that he should be a regular first-team starter this season and he really didn't take it.

Bridcutt-6- Standard. Though had he not been out there, we probably would've lost 6-0

Dicker-3- Anonymous
Harley-3- As above
Vicente-6- Just seemed as if the whole team were relying on him to win them the game tonight.

Barnes-4- there's only so much you can do with zero service

Oh and I think we need another CM before the window shuts- Dicker and Harley are simply not good enough.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Why surprised about that, I have seen that constantly, its just occasionally that ball flies in off his arse.

I would love Barnes to do well this season but please Ashley stop this pathetic diving that has crept into your game to the extent that every game he does it a hand-full of times. It's embarrassing.

The refs will suss it out, some of them already have like D'Urso tonight.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I would love Barnes to do well this season but please Ashley stop this pathetic diving that has crept into your game to the extent that every game he does it a hand-full of times. It's embarrassing.

The refs will suss it out, some of them already have like D'Urso tonight.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak - 6. Couldn't really have done a lot about their goals, which were extremely well worked and decent finishes. Good distribution.

Bruno - 7. Great passing, vision, very passionate and a cracking drive in the first half. Surprised he didn't get booked near the end though! MOTM
Dunk - 4. A few stray passes, becoming a regular feature nowadays.
Greer - 3. I can't recall a single one of his long passes that found its mark. Narrow pitch to blame perhaps?
Bridge - 6. Good tackling and passing, looks promising for the season and a massive improvement on Painter.

Bridcutt - 6. Great passing and strength, a couple of cynical fouls and probably deserved a booking.
Harley - 4. Passing generally accurate and a decent shot early in the second half. Generally pretty anonymous though.
Dicker - 2. Looked very weak and slow today.

Noone - 3. Worked hard, but disappointing 'end product'. We need Lualua and Buckley back ASAP.
Vicente - 5. Flashes of brilliance, but no support so far up the pitch.
Barnes - 4. Did he get the ball at all today? No service at all.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Have you been drinking?

Harley didn't misplace any passes tonight due to the fact the lazy arse didn't get in a position to be passed to in the first place. He is a complete waste of good air, in all my time watching Brighton (4 decades) I don't recall seeing such a lazy bastard as him. Don't know if he has any talent because he never does anything to show it. The man's a hindrance.

totaly agree

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Have you been drinking?

Well said that man. And as for the suggestion that Harley won't come good if the NSC slag him off I'd say that's more than enough evidence of the drinking question. I've also been following Brighton for over 30 years (blatant attempt to disguise age) and I've got to scratch my bonce real hard to come up with anyone as poor as this fella.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tomasz Kuszczak - 6 Nothing he could have done about the goals, and had nothing else to do really.
Bruno - 7 Such a good player. Genuine quality absolutely all over the place, and a bit of a hard bastard too. Flair.
Gordon Greer - 5 Disappointed with his distribution and his defending for the crucial second goal was poor.
Lewis Dunk - 5 Didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't do too much well either.
Wayne Bridge - 7 Thought he looked really good, drove forward, good crosses into the box and defensively sound.
Liam Bridcutt - 7 Class player, looked the best player on the pitch pretty much all game.
Gary Dicker - 6 Not as bad as people made him out to be, having re-watched it. Just nobody to pass it to.
Ryan Harley - 1 Only noticed him a few times having watched on TV. Rubbish performance.
Vicente - 6 Looked class, but his poke shot was going wide and needed a striker to play off. Can't do it all himself.
Craig Noone - 6 Dangerous until delivery, but will rightly be disappointed by lack of options to aim for.
Ashley Barnes - 5 First half was reasonable, disappeared second half. His shot in the 45th minute was too tame.

Subs
Inigo Calderon - 5 Anonymous in a bizarre position.
Torbjorn Agdestein - 4 Did absolutely nothing at all, not even slightly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuczszak 6
Bruno 7
Bridge 6
Greer 5
Dunk 5
Bridcutt 7
Dicker 5
Harley n/a
Vicente 6
Noone 5
Barnes 5

Leebrighton

Aug 8, 2012
Kuszczak - 6. Couldn't really have done a lot about their goals, which were extremely well worked and decent finishes. Good distribution.

Bruno - 7. Great passing, vision, very passionate and a cracking drive in the first half. Surprised he didn't get booked near the end though! MOTM
Dunk - 4. A few stray passes, becoming a regular feature nowadays.
Greer - 3. I can't recall a single one of his long passes that found its mark. Narrow pitch to blame perhaps?
Bridge - 6. Good tackling and passing, looks promising for the season and a massive improvement on Painter.

Bridcutt - 6. Great passing and strength, a couple of cynical fouls and probably deserved a booking.
Harley - 4. Passing generally accurate and a decent shot early in the second half. Generally pretty anonymous though.
Dicker - 2. Looked very weak and slow today.

Noone - 3. Worked hard, but disappointing 'end product'. We need Lualua and Buckley back ASAP.
Vicente - 5. Flashes of brilliance, but no support so far up the pitch.
Barnes - 4. Did he get the ball at all today? No service at all.

Having watched the game again on recorded. The part u said about dunk giving the ball away is nonsense. He kept the ball everytime as he did against Crawley and reading. Looked solid. With not alot to do

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
How about:
Moaning bell-ends from NSC: 10 - Really well moaned. They really have shown their ability to extrapolate one game to predict the course of an entire season. This is an astounding feat. And their tenacity shows no end when it come to abusing the performance of Barnes, Noone or Dicker.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

This forum is made up of (in the majority) Utter wankers :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here