Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the first 13 mins of the second half gives you your answer

I don't. Maybe he could have done a little more but no goals were directly his fault. I'll wait to see the goals again but I thought he looked much, much better than the rest of the defence today...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuipers 6 - Made a couple of saves and I don't think he was to blame for the second or third goals, plus his kicking was sound despite the annoying little pest in his face all the time.
Whing 5 - Ineffective, but like so many. He defended well against McNamee everytime bar once...
Elphick 6 - Solid enough, but troubled by Paynter and Cox's movement, he is lacking confidence it seems to me, but not in himself. He seems to be wanting to do Virgo's work for him aswell, he's trying to do too much.
Virgo 5 - Liability, and I'm so disappointed. He scored the goal, but he was at fault for all 3 against in my opinion. Atleast he admitted he was rubbish on the phone in!
Borrowdale 6 - I really like him, maybe that's slightly irrational, but he looks technically gifted and capable. Looks a class act to me, good cover for mr McNulty.
Dicker 5 - He scored, but what else? Tosh passing, though he covered a few times in the centre and was generally tidy. I don't see what he adds though.
Fraser 5 - Effort, and all the headless chicken impersonations you can stomach for one day, but no quality and really disappointing at home again.
Loft 7 - He was class, his touch and technique is so much better than people realise. I really like the guy, because he's a good player being wasted. Not for anything superficial. :love:
Cox 6 - First half was ok, but anonymous on the left as usual, he's not a left winger, why must managers insist on playing him?!
Owusu 5 - Tosh
Davies 6 - He needs Murray next to him, and he'll be good. he also needs to have more confidence both in himself, and those around him. But, let's face it, that's not going to happen this season.

El-Abd 4 - Furious that he played today, absolutely furious.
Hart 7 - OGH. :clap2:
The other one 5 - I don't even remember who else came on, we did make the third sub didn't we?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
El-Abd 4 - Furious that he played today, absolutely furious.

Just for my benefit can you explain what he did in your eyes to score those 4 points? Was it the shot? (off target) or the stamp on Cox? (unpunished) or do you (understandably) feel a bit bad about awarding a ZERO for such a shit performance?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Kuipers 2

Borrowdale 5
Virgo 5
Elphick 5
Whing 6

Cox 7
Loft 6
Fraser 6
Dicker 5

Davies 6
Owusu 3

El Abd 5
Hart 6
Andrews 7

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuipers - 4 Poor for all the goals but he was exposed by shit defending.

Whing - 6 Decent defending, horrific distribution. Andy Whing.
Elphick - 5 Made some good challanges but didn't do well for the goals
Virgo - 4 Good in the air, ponderous on the ground. Arguably the worst distribution of the defence, which is quite an achievement.
Borrowdale - 7 A very decent fullback.

Cox - 7 As usual the only one who might make anything happen.
Dicker - 3 One paced, shit passing, not in the game.
Fraser - 2 He's just not good enough.
Loft - 4 Couple of decent touches that led to nothing, lot of effort, same as Fraser really, ie a non league player.

Owusu - 3 The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Failed to cause any problems for a poor defence.
Davies - 4 He's pacy, he can get past people (somehow), but no final product. Perfect example when Hart pushed through and got some space he delivered a dangerous ball, when Davies was in the same position he hit a weak and weedy nothing ball.

El-Abd - Why?
Hart - 6 Worked hard, good cross for the goal, but not in the game much apart from that.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Why are everyone giving Elphick such a low score. He wasn't bad at all today, had to mop up on a lot of Virgos errors, and did it well. Made a lot of last ditch tackles.

Because you're so completely blinkered when it comes to him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just for my benefit can you explain what he did in your eyes to score those 4 points? Was it the shot? (off target) or the stamp on Cox? (unpunished) or do you (understandably) feel a bit bad about awarding a ZERO for such a shit performance?

Stamping on Cox. :bowdown: Twice, it should be said.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't get Davies. He was poor. He did a couple of bits of skill but misplaced numerous passes. His clapping all around the ground at the end does not wash with me. It looks like a Man trying to endear himself to the fans but trying to show he cares AFTER the game is over. I would rather he played well and scored the odd goal and f***ed off down the tunnel first without ackowledging the crowd.

I don't know what you watched but he had a good game today on top of a MOM game at Hereford in which he had a screaming 30 yarder that hit the crossbar and two of the best cross field balls this season.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Davies has got to come good soon, he puts in so much effort and i genuinlly think he cares! was gutted with the way he was singled out at mk dons and hope he can get a goal that will give him the confidence to bang a few more in!

:clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Couldn't make the game today. Really pleased to hear Davies receiving plenty of praise for today and Hereford. I personally don't rate him from what I've seen of him, but I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Amazed to hear Loft getting good ratings too. Wonders will never cease I suppose.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kuipers 4- Made a couple of good stops but at fault for the 1st goal, should've done better to an admittedly dipping shot on the 2nd, pretty dodgy positionally.

Borrowdale 6- Read the game well, got stuck in, showed the will to get forward.
Virgo 3- Absolute shocker today, complete liability and S.Cox was all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake for most of the match.
Elphick 5- Solid, mopped up Virgo's mistakes and won everything in the air but switched off first 10 mins of the 2nd half.
Whing 6- Another standard all-heart Whingy performance whilst admittedly lumping everything forward pretty aimlessly.

Cox 7- Ran himself into the ground, drifted about and had their midfield in all kinds of trouble 1st half. Got marked out a bit 2nd half but still looked dangerous.
Loft 7- Good distribution, tidy, won a lot in the air, generally pretty solid.
Fraser 6- Worked hard first half hour down the left but looked pretty suspect dwelling on it at times and was the right decision to sub him off.
Dicker 5- Absolutely anonymous for all but the 2nd goal which he did take well to be fair.

Davies 5- Clapping at the end doesn't make up for a pretty nothingy performance, other than the volley he zipped wide.
Owusu 5- Got a bit of stick from the crowd but I felt sorry for him, he won a lot in the air and it wasn't his fault th defence kept hoofing it long for him.

El Abd 4- Makes me nervous the way he lunges in clumsily to every challenge.
Hart 7- Only one (perhaps with the exception of Cox and Whing) to show some pride in the shirt, skinned the guy brilliantly to set up the 2nd goal and worried their back line. Start him v Colchester PLEASE.
Andrews 6- Didn't look fit and hasn't got a right foot but looks a better hold-up striker than Owusu, Davies or Murray.

Slade 5- Not sure about him really, wasn't convinced by him taking Doug Loft off. No idea what he said to them at half time either, it didn't take a genius to work out they'd come at us, the defending was a shambles minutes 45-55.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 0 - Don't remember him making a save, and he was at fault for all 3, the second in particular. Piss poor.

Whing - 5 - their winger ruined him today
Virgo - 4 - well taken goal, that was it. Turd.
Elphick - 5 - a couple of good tackles, but still not good enough.
Borrowdale - 4 - poor defending, shit delivery.

Cox - 6 - lots of running, no end product.
Dicker - 4 - a goal, but anonymous.
Fraser - 6 - did ok, particularly for first goal..
Loft - 7 - took a while to get going, but did really we considering he was out of position.

Owusu - 3 - shit and lazy. Made Murray look like Usain Bolt.
Davies - 6 - ran his arse off to be fair. Finishing still piss poor though.

Hart - 6 - did well for the goal but NOT a striker.
Andrew - 4 - gash.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers----3
Whing-----6
Virgo------6
Elphick-----5
Borrowdale-6
Cox--------7
Dicker------6
Frazer------5
Loft--------5
Owuso.......6
Davies-----6

Ref-5
South stand lino-3
Crowd-4

Hart----7
Andrew-7
El Abd--4

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you MAD??!!

For a big fella he won f*** ALL in the air and rarely did anything to merit
more than a 5!

A big, big disappoinmtment!

In the game I watched he won virtually everything in the air ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here