Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Wolves (a)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
think his body shape is very conducive to being an elite midfielder. biggest negative i see now is that he’s very loose with the ball, but saw against bournemouth, palace and i think liverpool that he is someone who can hold his own, and i think his physical strength will be very useful once he has refined his technique.

as far as a caicedo replacement for this season goes however, i don’t think our recruitment was anywhere good enough
We not only lost Caicedo and Mac , we also lost Mwepu and as far as I can see not replaced any of them

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
We not only lost Caicedo and Mac , we also lost Mwepu and as far as I can see not replaced any of them

Exactly! It does slightly bring into question our renowned succession planning, supposedly having someone already lined up or a list of names to recruit ready for every key position at the club.

I know Mwepu's retirement early last season was a surprise, and - while we hoped to keep Caicedo for this season - he did start agitating for a move in January, so it feels like there was time to plan for replacements in the Summer window.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Don't want to see poopinyon in an Albion shirt again (unless we are relegated to league one)
Seem to recall similar comments after Hinshelwood's first match.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My eyes are too tired for ratings, but I hadn't realised Igor had such a turn of pace. The we he chased down and shielded Neto was impressive.
It reminded me of Bissouma chasing down Vardy a few years back.
Wasn´t that Lamptey from RB over to cover LB?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Steele - 4 Very poor for their goal but a great save later on. Against teams that cross into the box , I would pick Bart as his handling is better.
Igor - 5, Generally good especially going forwards but was saved by Steele.

Dunk - 5, Has often played better and should have scored

JPVH - 5, Some sloppy work defensively but played a lot of the game as a midfielder and did well.

Pervis - 6, Good but there were sometimes when the cross was poor.

Gross - 7, Masterful in midfield and some great corners.

Moder - 5, He just looks out of place. He was so promising before his injury.

Puepion - 6, He looks like he could be a good player. Needs more game time and confidence.

Adingra - 4, Missed some chances you would expect him to score. Better when on the left.

Fati - 5, Very much out of position first half, better when Welbeck came on. He does look to promise more than is delivering at the moment.

Buonanotte - 7, Just stop rolling around when clearly not really hurt. Otherwise best player we had on the night.

Subs:

Welbeck - 6, We looked so much better with him on the pitch. Shame about poor finishing though.

Baleba - 6, Needs more game time IMO. Can be a good signing.

Enciso - 6, Welcome back. Huge difference in our play when he is on song.

Barco - 8, Looks a really good player and has settled in well.

BBB - 6, Not sure why he came on. Lallana would have been my choice.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Exactly! It does slightly bring into question our renowned succession planning, supposedly having someone already lined up or a list of names to recruit ready for every key position at the club.

I know Mwepu's retirement early last season was a surprise, and - while we hoped to keep Caicedo for this season - he did start agitating for a move in January, so it feels like there was time to plan for replacements in the Summer window.
Our Succession planning has fallen foul of selling players quicker than intended.
Caicedo was expected to be with us for at least one more season.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Our Succession planning has fallen foul of selling players quicker than intended.
Caicedo was expected to be with us for at least one more season.
Maybe, but you can’t turn down 110 million, and WBG stepped up to the plate…

Mac Allister has been the bigger loss I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here