Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs West Ham

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Sanchez 4. Poor distribution, a flapped cross, statuesque for the 2nd goal. If that had been Ryan this place would be in meltdown. We need a new keeper in Jan. Warning signs were there yesterday.

Dunk 5. What was he doing for the 2nd goal?
Webster 8. Superb. Drove forward. Best defender on the pitch. Surely will score soon.
White 5. Nice footwork and attacking positional play let down by lack of strength and aerial ability. Twice the player of Duffy. Half the heart.
Burn 5. Can thank March for providing cover. All the West ham threat from his side. Not a LB at this level.

Bissouma 8. Pretty faultless. Turning out to be top class. How long left on his contract?
Trossard 5. Lazy going back and offers little going forward. Runs into cul de sacs. Frustrating as there is a player in there which only comes out once in a while.
Lallana. 6. We need more than 45 out of him. He seems to be our glue.
March 8.5. Superb today. Him, Lamptey and Bissouma are 3 players of the season so far.

Maupay 4. Goal aside, abject. Hard working which hides his lack of quality on the ball. Has been consistently poor since he was dropped.
Wellbeck 5. Kept quiet. Our best forward by some distance. Let's hope he stays injury free.

Alzate 5. Didn't come off for him today.

Potter. 5. I don't know what they do in training but more heading practice and less sideways passing please. There has been more than enough time to sort this set piece defending debacle out. Show some balls and tell Ashworth what you need rather than you can work with what you've got in this window and next. We should be doing better.

Spot on this is how I see things- Shame many can’t

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I worry when Trossard starts a game....... no seriously I really do.

He’s got to play now to do the corner routine with Solly :)

When Gross was getting ready to come on as Sub yesterday I thought Trossard maybe coming off, Trossard though seemed to suddenly up his game and looked really good.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Between Burn for giving away a fairly needless corner, to White for not blocking the run (not that I think you should be able to block a run, it's not NFL), to Sanchez not coming and dealing, to Dunk for missing his header, to Potter for having us set up zonally, to our strikers, for not having put the game to bed in the first half .... I don't know where to put the colossal amount of blame which I want to heap on the team I support for not beating West Ham away

I think you are over thinking it :lolol:

I am not disappointed with a point at West Ham far from it, there are all kinds of loons on here who are of course but I'm not one of them. I do however, think we could and should've defended the corner better than we did and I strongly suspect that Potter will too.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sanchez - 5 , Unconvincing but needs to be given time,

Burn 6
Webster 6
Dunk 5
White 4 - At fault for the second goal (along with Dunk) . Potter - please play him as a CB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bissouma 7
Lallana 6
Trossard 4 - Anonymous
March 6 - 7 in the first half, 5 in the second

Maupay 6 - Bonus point for the goal
Welbeck 5

Subs:

Alzate 5
Gross & Ali, not enough time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
3 at back was not Potters preferred set up last season so can only presume it is now so he can keep 3 CBs happy. Dont understand how White was played at fullback over Veltman who has often played there for Ajax and Holland

Played with 3 cbs a lot of the time in Östersund as well, even tried to in Swansea one time despite the club only having two cbs. Id say the 3-4-3 was the most frequently used formation back in ÖFK. He doesnt pick formation to keep players happy, if he did he would have to start 25 players every game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He’s got to play now to do the corner routine with Solly :)

When Gross was getting ready to come on as Sub yesterday I thought Trossard maybe coming off, Trossard though seemed to suddenly up his game and looked really good.

I admit my recollection of yesterday’s match is somewhat fuzzy. I decided to drink some of my special beers before the game. It relaxed me too much....... How did we do ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I admit my recollection of yesterday’s match is somewhat fuzzy. I decided to drink some of my special beers before the game. It relaxed me too much....... How did we do ?

I’m not sure watching the match 100% sober was the best of ideas. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here