Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Watford (h)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
From watching on TV so only what was shown on screen:

Lallana - 6 - barely mentioned on tv, from the pictures didn’t look like he did much today

What you might have missed on the TV is his ability to find space (acres of it), turn and place a forward pass that starts an attack. Dropped deep so many times and did this. 75 passes, 89% accuracy. An absolute masterclass in doing the simple things well.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Some very harsh scores for Connolly - we played most of the second half very deep, just seeing our the match, he was very isolated and did a decent job despite that.

But he's the current boo boy, so let's judge him on what our tabloid press conjure up rather than what he does on the pitch. Like Maupay, who was the boo boy for much of last season, he'll turn them round in the end.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some very harsh scores for Connolly - we played most of the second half very deep, just seeing our the match, he was very isolated and did a decent job despite that.

I thought that for the first 20 minutes, zero service, like the isolated striker in Hughton’s 9-0-1 formation.

Then we improved, yet he screwed everything up. For a supposedly pacey player, everyone one of their defenders was more than his match. Losing every dual, race.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I just can’t stop thinking- how would Moder doi playing that role for a half?
Remember that hopeful long ball he caught up at Burnley that resulted in the Gross chance? How much more would a player like Moder contribute even in an unfamiliar position?
I dunno, it’s easy to kick Connolly atm so it’s all a bit unfair, but he’s just a bit meh for the level we are currently at.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
But he's the current boo boy, so let's judge him on what our tabloid press conjure up rather than what he does on the pitch. Like Maupay, who was the boo boy for much of last season, he'll turn them round in the end.

Agreed. I thought he was very good when he came on. Split the centre halves, played on the shoulder and got into some lovely positions. Such a shame that chance hit the stanchion rather than the back of the net.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I thought Mac Allister was excellent today (I seem to be in a minority). His work rate and link up play kept the Watford defence under pressure. He’ll be an important player for us this season and a good bet for at least 5 or 6 invaluable goals.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought Mac Allister was excellent today (I seem to be in a minority). His work rate and link up play kept the Watford defence under pressure. He’ll be an important player for us this season and a good bet for at least 5 or 6 invaluable goals.

This, and I thought Trossard was a lot better than a lot of people on here are saying.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You're not alone: I thought he was excellent. I'd have given MotM to Webster but thought Biss and Mac weren't far behind.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Didn’t get out of second gear. What a lovely time. Well done webby on a day that was all about big Shane Duffy. Without his goal Webster’s mom all day long closet followed by March and Biss.

We look tidy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Everyone was good, Bissouma was great. Looking forward to see him end up 5th in the player of the season votes after 38 world class appearances.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez - 6

Webster - 8
Duffy - 8.5
Dunk - 7

Gross - 8
Bissouma - 9
Lallana - 8
March - 8

Trossard - 7
Maupay - 8
Mac Allister - 7

Connolly - 6
Mwepu - 6
Moder - 6

I can't recall a game in the Prem, when we were in control of the game for such long periods.
It's fascinating how much we have improved in the 18 month we've been away from the Amex.
GP and team are doing an incredible job at developing our players.

Not seeing anyone taking the piss out of Potter's refrain of "We will take things away from the game and look to improve" anymore.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Sanchez - 6 nothing to do apart from one simple save
Webster - 9 did more in that 90 minutes than white did all season. Defended well and attacked with intent
Dunk - 7 standard
Duffy - 8/9 defended in his way and got a goal
Gross - 8 two gross turns I think. Assist. Looked handy on the right but slow
March - 7 defended well and grew into the attacking side of the game
Biss - 8 pleasure to watch
Lallana - 7 measured and assuredt
Alexis - 7
Trossard -7 still waiting to see the same trossard from his debut
Maupay -8 delighted for him. Works so hard

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sanchez - 6 still not quite back to his confident/dominant best
Webster - 8
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
March - 7
Bissouma - 9.5 outstanding. Bossed the game.
Lallana - 7
MacAllister - 7
Gross - 7
Trossard - 6 - not his game
Maupay - 8

Connolly - 6 - got stuck in but should have scored
Mwepu - 5 - seemed to want too long on the ball. Too early to play him?
Moder - n/a

Potter - 9

Ref - 6. Good that he let the game flow but a bit too lenient on occasion (eg when Connolly was clearly held). Ridiculously booked 4 of our players and none of there's despite them making similar fouls.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Sanchez 6 - Clean sheet, didn't have much to do. Distribution wasn't great.
Webster 8 - made a couple of quality challenges.
Duffy 8 - great header. Good to have him back.
Dunk 8 - that chest back to Sanchez was sublime.
Gross 7 - made plenty of space for himself, solid performance as always. And a couple of Größ turns for good measure.
Bissouma 9 - my motm. An absolute beast all game.
Lallana 8 - we lost our creativity when he went off and started to sit too deep. We simply play better when he's playing.
March 7 - decent game, but needs to learn to pull the trigger.
Mac Allister 5 - very average.
Trossard 7 - looked hungry, surprised he went off.
Maupay 8 - was all over the place, one of his better games. Great finish, looks confident.

Connolly 5 - same shit, different day. Not good enough.
Mwepu 6 - lucky to only get a yellow for a stupid challenge, likes getting forward. He's going to be good.
Moder 6 - I love this guy. Makes it look effortless.

Potter 8 - spot on selection, totally cancelled out Watford from the get go.

Pretty much as I saw it from the TV. I though both Gross and McAllister slowed things down a little too much when we had an opportunity to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Can we keep Biss marks down to at least a 6 in case other prem managers are reading the posts. Thanks:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here