Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Watford (h)

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
There were two teams out there today for ratings, pre and post subs. For example, I'd give the pre, isolated Trossard 4 and the post, supported Trossard 8

Trossard was isolated im the first half because he was repeatedly in good positions, not picked up but not given the ball when he was signalling for it could have been. I think he could have caused a lot of damage had others picked him up more.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Ryan - 7
Greyhound - 5
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 7
Burn - 5
Mooy - 5
Propper - 6
March - 5
Gross - 5
Trossard - 4
Murray - 6

Maupay - 5
Jahanbaksh - 6
Alzate - 6

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You mean Propper who completed more passes than anyone else in our team yesterday?

At least three of which were misjudged, suicidal passes giving away unnecessary danger.

Passes stats are like possession stats, often meaningless.

It's where they're made, are they damaging opponents?

I would imagine that Dunk, Burn, Ryan and Webster have made an incredible number of passes per match this season, but so what.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
At least three of which were misjudged, suicidal passes giving away unnecessary danger.

Passes stats are like possession stats, often meaningless.

It's where they're made, are they damaging opponents?

I would imagine that Dunk, Burn, Ryan and Webster have made an incredible number of passes per match this season, but so what.

At least 3? When were they? I mean he made 82 passes, and it’s inevitable he’s going to misplace some of them. But which ones were suicidal? I mean they only really had two opportunities. The first one was Mooy’s mistake followed by Duffy’s terrible defending. And the second one came from Duffy trying a Cruyff turn.

But most of his passes were completed, and most were forward progressive passes. If you can’t see that from watching yesterday’s game, then I honestly pity you, because you’ve not proven anything. And just FYI, go look at his passing map. A large portion of them are in the opposition half and forward. And only Dunk made more passes yesterday, so basically everything went though Propper. In fact, anyone that watches that match and thinks that Propper was the issue is clearly either too drunk or knows nothing about football. The two either side of him had far inferior games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here