Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Villa (a)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 7 - made a couple of decent stops but wasn’t really worked much
Lamptey - 8 - a real threat in the first half. Quite how Traore didn’t get booked I don’t know. Dead on his feet at the end.. .unlucky
White - 8 - an excellent, versatile performance. One great tackle
Dunk - 7 - patchy, but largely a typical Dunk performance
Webster - 7 - blocked off by an offside player for the goal
March - 9 - some incredible distribution, disciplined defending and a top corner finish with his weak foot
Bissouma - 7 - thought this one passed him by a bit but that’s because he simply worked hard and won a lot of ball
Lallana - 7 - great ball for the goal. Hope he’s okay for next weekend’s love in
Gross - 7 - so underrated. Great crossfield ball for the second
Maupay - 7 - worked so hard. Love to see him winding up annoying teams like Villa
Welbeck - 8 - I was delighted when we signed him, even more delighted after the last two games. Just what we needed

Veltman - 7 - when is an elbow to the throat not a red? When Jack Grealish is within 10 feet of the incident
Burn - 6
Molumby n/a

Potter - 10 - I looked at their line up and thought if we could pack the midfield and contain them we’d get chances on the break because that back 4 is pony. His plan worked perfectly. Very pleased for him and thank god justice was done at the end

Great post [emoji106]

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan - 7
Webster - 5.5 been excellent but some dreadful passing today
Dunk - 6 shaky start but improved
White - 7
Lamptey - 8 standard
March - 8
Bissouma - 6.5 did the dirty work
Lallana - 6.5
Gross - 7
Maupay - 6
Welbeck - 8 superb if still rusty

Veltman - 7.5 our best CB. always comfortable. Please leave him in

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is a match when people are taking what Bissouma is doing for granted but I think the job he is doing needs bigging up. He is playing alongside Lallana, a bloke with quality oozing through his veins but who will get subbed and cannot put his body on the line.

Biss has to do it all, and he does but, crucially, he does it with more energy and tempo than Stephens or Propper ever could, and this is one of the reasons why we are a more potent side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think this is a match when people are taking what Bissouma is doing for granted but I think the job he is doing needs bigging up. He is playing alongside Lallana, a bloke with quality oozing through his veins but who will get subbed and cannot put his body on the line.

Biss has to do it all, and he does but, crucially, he does it with more energy and tempo than Stephens or Propper ever could, and this is one of the reasons why we are a more potent side.

100% this. He gets through a huge amount of ‘dirty work’. Absolutely pivotal to the setup.

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1330196493576396801?s=21

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sure - but isn’t that his role?

The fact we were largely outplayed in midfield would indicate perhaps we weren’t at our best there.

I’m not saying he was poor or anything like that, more I thought he did what was expected [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all or players did their role as well as Bissouma does then we'd be Top 4 right now. :wink:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Thought Welbeck was excellent all game, Lallana excellent until he came off and Veltman looked very assured when he came on.

Ryan - 7

White - 7.5
Dunk - 6.5
Webster - 6

Lamptey - 8
Gross - 7.5
Bissouma - 7
March - 8

Lallana - 9

Maupay - 7
Welbeck - 9

Veltman - 8
Burn - 6
This is the game I saw.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I thought Dunk was back to his best today. He had a presence which has been lacking earlier in the season.

Really pleased to see the improvements with March and Bissouma continuing. The addition of Wellbeck and Lallana’s experience is invaluable.

The one concern I have is that Ryan doesn’t command enough. There were a couple of times he could claim the ball where he punched or let the defenders clear. I imagine he really misses the crowds as he always used to feed off the fans.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Lallana's assist was pure magic. Gross had another great game (3 in a row now) but I am not sure he was picking out March there....

Yep, he was picking out March - look at Gross' eyes on the replays...straight at March. It only looks weird cos March is slow off the mark !

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Ryan 7
Lamptey 8
March 8
Dunk 7
Webster 6
White 8
Bissouma 7
Gross 7
Lallana 7
Welbeck 9
Maupay 6

Veltman 7
Burn 6
Molumby na

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I thought Dunk was back to his best today. He had a presence which has been lacking earlier in the season.

Really pleased to see the improvements with March and Bissouma continuing. The addition of Wellbeck and Lallana’s experience is invaluable.

The one concern I have is that Ryan doesn’t command enough. There were a couple of times he could claim the ball where he punched or let the defenders clear. I imagine he really misses the crowds as he always used to feed off the fans.

I think if we progress Ryan will be one who drops out. We're not the strongest team defensively (should be with all the CB's we play!) and could do with a keeper who dominates. What was the save with his shin all about today?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ryan 6

Lamptey 8.5
White 7
Dunk 7
Webster 5
March 8

Bissouma 7.5
Groß 7.5
Lallana 7.5

Maupay 6
Welbeck 8.5

Veltman 8
Burn 6

Welbeck, Lamptey and March the standouts but a good performance all-round. Took Dunk until half-time to get into his stride but he pulled it round. Really disappointed with Webster again, mind. There was a 15min period in the second half where everything he touched turned to shit. Not sure he should be starting over Veltman, who was excellent again when he came on.

Agree with the comments on Bissouma, he has matured so much and is very important to the team. Groß has really improved in his last few appearances as well, as has Solly, obviously.

So good to have top quality experienced players like Welbeck, Lallana & Veltman, really think we were lacking in that respect last season.

This is as I see it except that I would give Ryan a 7. His goal line clearance with his left leg was effective if not pretty and he got down well to his left for a crisply taken shot.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Loved it, and whilst not wishing to be churlish, i have to say Webster filled me with dread each time he had the ball

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here