O'Grady - 7

Subs
Buckley - 7
CMS - 6
Agustien - 6

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It was the first game of the season. The manager was nervous. Pity he knows nothing about the transfer system, too, because this was a very tepid performance against pretty dire opposition and everybody seems to agree that Saturday's team will bear little reemblance to the one that's going to storm the league from September. We are, it seems, trying to get hold of a left back from Liverpool, and perhaps the Huddersfield bloke is back on, but we need firepower most of all. O'Grady is an inside forward, not a 20 goal a season sort of chappie, though he should have been one towards it in the second half. CMS had the service to which he must by now be accustomed - none - so he did his ball chasing thing. Yes, we were down to ten, but the way some of them played you could have thought that second yellow had indeed been given to JFC and we were even more diminished.

It's a great thing to have the best academy in the universe, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the development players are universal stars yet.

The game meandered on with no obvious change from last season's most dreary games . I couldn't have picked a MOM as the performances were all in the region of 4 - 6, and it was a surprise that the goal was such a good one in such a poor game. Wrong end, mind.

Still, I see we are 17th, so not too bad.

Jan 15, 2013
Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Greer 7
Hughes 6
Calderon 6
Ince 5 - looked panicky on the ball
JFC 5 - did he touch the ball?
Crofts 4- bad tackle, didnt do much b4 red
Fenelon -6 thought he did ok for first start
COG 6 - unlucky not to score
Lua Lua 6 - didnt have much support when on the ball
Buckley 5
CMS 5
Augestien 2 - on your bike mate, more exercise needed

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest rated player
Subs on/off
Sent off

Greer 6.74 (96mins, 29 votes)

Hughes 6.29 (96mins, 28 votes)
O'Grady 6.16 (96mins, 29 votes)
LuaLua 5.98 (96mins, 29 votes)
Stockdale 5.97 (96mins, 29 votes)
Calderon 5.54 (77mins, 28 votes)
Ince 5.46 (96mins, 28 votes)
Bruno 5.45 (96mins, 28 votes)
Mackail-Smith 4.85 (19mins, 26 votes)
Buckley 4.78 (34mins, 27 votes)
Forster-Caskey 4.57 (62mins, 29 votes)
Fenelon 4.07 (62mins, 28 votes)
Crofts 4.07 (52mins, 29 votes)
Agustien 3.87 (34mins, 27 votes)

Squad average: 5.27

Reminder (for those that care about the averages I provide)
-Ratings less than 0 (i.e. negative ratings) are recorded as 0
-Ratings greater than 10 recorded as 10
-Ratings given as "everyone x" or "everyone else x" are only awarded to players who were on the pitch for 10 minutes or more (including injury time).
-If someone specifically rates someone who was on for less than 10 minutes it will be recorded (I note playing time to allow people to take it into consideration when looking at the averages)
-Obvious joke/point making ratings are ignored (e.g. "I didn't see the game, but I bet the ratings are...").
-Ratings from people who make it clear they did not watch the game are not recorded
-Different ratings for the same player by the same poster are averaged (eg if two threads are started and posts in one thread aren't the same as the other thread, or if someone gives a mark for each half - the average of those marks is recorded, unless differences are clarified - "earlier I rated x, but on reflection I think y is fairer")
-I will try to give people a chance to add any they missed, but if it appears you are deliberately missing players (e.g. like jjmcclure did in this thread) I won't bother prompting you
-Any ratings added to the thread after I'd posted the averages will be recorded on my file, but I probably won't update the averages (unless there is significant change).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here