Sanchez - 8 - good saves, one from his own error
Veltman - 8
Cucurella - 7
Webster - 6
Dunk - 6
Bissouma - 6
Gross - 7
MacAllister - 7
Moder - 9 - should have done better at Watford with his chances, last night was just unlucky
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 7

Alzate - 6
Lamptey - 7
Welbeck - 6

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 8 - Some good saves and pretty good distribution.
Veltman 7 - Very sound performance in every position he takes up.
Webster 7 - Not his best and very sloppy early on.
Dunk 6 - Very poor mistake that lead to the red card. Caught out on the ball and forced to foul.
Cucurella 8 - What a great signing and works so hard. We need to find a back up as we would be weakened severely without him.
Gross 6 - Did ok
Bissouma 6 - Gave the ball away for their 1st. Shooting is still poor. Not at his amazing best.
Mac Allister 8 - He will be a boss in our midfield in future seasons. Class act.
Moder 9 MotM -Another great signing. Strong, skilfull beyond the forwards. Denied by the crossbar, denied through a worldie. Another effort on target and at least one top assist. Class act.
Maupay 6 -Worked really hard to press but was closed down by two players almost every time he got the ball.
Trossard 6 - Not at his best.

Subs:
Lamptey 7 -I just wonder what he could achieve if able to play 90 minutes regularly
Alzate 6 - Surprising substitution.
Welbeck 6 - Great chance for a late equaliser.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez 8 - was guilty of a ricka or 2 but pulled off some outstanding saves and some excellent distribution
Veltman 8 - as cool as you like, confident in his own ability and can deliver a wicked cross
Webster 7 - was probably as guilty as others for some sloppy play but still managed to get a foot in when needed
Dunk-7 - Mostly sound but made a mistake which cost him, but won't be the last to get caught out by the speed of Manure's attackers
Cucurella 8 - Never stops trying to create or nick the ball, I think the many pundits would call him brave.
Gross 6 - He seems to have lost confidence in his ability, he does those things off the ball that sometimes get ignored.
Bissouma 7 - Did most of his work without the ball but still made some great interceptions and got the Albion moving forward
Mac Allister 7 - Disciplined and hard working, some quality touches and important tackles
Moder 8 - MOM Another disciplined and energetic performance, gets into great positions and is not afraid to take on a strike at goal
Maupay 7 - Does what Neal Does, occupies defenders, occasionally manages to pull defenders out of position to create space for others
Trossard 6 - I think a central position is where he operates best, a couple of crosses which even a poor Manure managed to cope with,
Alzate 6 - Difficult to effect the game when he came on but did get forward and make some good interceptions
Lamptey 7 - Tried to get at the Manure players and would maybe have created 'the moment' had he managed to evade Shaw's foul
Welbeck 6 - Came on at a difficult time but occupied the Manure defenders so other players could create

This is the only one of these ratings I particularly agree with

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has Moder been our best bit of business over the last couple of years? Hard to believe that he plays so consistently well but is still only 22 and has only been with us for 2 half seasons worth of games. He’s playing at a higher and more consistent level than Biss was at a similar stage.

He will score eventually, and then he’ll probably become a regular scorer such is the way that these things tend to work in sport.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lamptey was half the price.

Wasn't including Lamptey as he was bought back in Jan 2020 - was thinking the last 4 transfer windows when I said last couple of years. Saying that though, one advantage that Moder definitely has over Lamptey at this time is the ability to play 90 minutes on a regular basis.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Away at a top 6 club, you normally need a good chunk of the team to raise their game. I don’t think we did but still close to getting a result. Man Utd we’re there for the taking but too many (Dunk, Bissouma, Trossard, McAllister) didn’t meet their expected performance levels unlike Moder, Veltman, Cucurella who were terrific. Hoping we take our frustration out on Burnley

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Essentially, Dunk & Biss made huge individual errors, but Webbo did too and wasn’t punished.

Does that mean Webster and Biss are past their peaks ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Does that mean Webster and Biss are past their peaks ?

They are obviously past it because they made a mistake. Sanchez too gave them a two on one. Probably time to blood a new keeper.

Or is it because Man U failed to punish that mistake he actually isn't past it, I can't work it out

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sanchez 8 -- several great saves
Veltman 7 -- got done once, but made the most of the situation
Webster 7 -- the odd mistake, some great blocks and recoveries
Dunk 5 -- very poor decision making
Cucurella 8 -- superb, again
Gross 6 -- decent shift, didn't make the most of the opportunities
Bissouma 8 -- showed what they're missing
Mac Allister 7 -- knitted things together, couldn't quite pull it off
Moder 9 MotM -- second MotM in a row. Endless workrate, numerous intensive sprints. Incredibly dynamic, running beyond the forwards. Denied by the crossbar for a worldie, denied through a worldie. Another effort on target and at least one top assist
Maupay 6 -- didn't quite happen
Trossard 6 -- ditto

Subs:
Lamptey 7 -- great effort
Alzate 6 -- filled in at RB, couldn't get as involved as he would have wanted
Welbeck 6 -- caused danger, shame about his opportunity

Largely fair, IMO. However, no way on EARTH that Biss is worth an 8 for that performance. The obvious second half error aside, he misplaced quite a few passes and missed a golden chance to make it 1-0.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sanchez 7 sloppy

Veltman 7
Dunk 5 sloppy
Webster 7
Cucu 8

Biss 5 sloppy
Mac 6
Moder 8
Gross 6

Tross 6

Maupay 6

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure how you can give the same rating to a player not at his best and very sloppy, and another giving a very sound performance?

Not sure why you bother to check everyone's score to see if they slipped up.

But fair point. Webster 6

OK now?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Too difficult to score everyone properly watching a stream, but Biss looked way off his usual standard didn't he ?

Biss' performance has clearly divided opinion, but sofascore have him as our highest ranked player* and, for those of you stating that he gave the ball away on multiple occasions, had a 93% pass completion rate.
I thought he controlled the midfield. His shot should have been on target but I'm not going to beat him up or mark him down for getting dispossessed for the first goal. He wasn't the only player to make a mistake, it's just that his led to a goal. It was, however, nowhere near as glaring an error as Dunk's in my view** -- no-one has been sent off more than Dunk in the PL since 2017.

* these are not being invoked as the oracle, and disagree with the individual marks for players and their marking system overall
** and no, he hasn't lost it, in my view he was never quite as good as many on here claim

Edit: I watched it on a dodgy 5tream which buffered too much, so did miss a fair few minutes of play

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here