Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Liverpool (a)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My young lad has literally just dropped in on his way back to south London. He is of,course absolutely buzzing at our performance. I’m so proud of him.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
You sir are. Diamond, thank you for your kind words, I have been really suffering, and it’s undiagnosed and on-going. Today gave me the most massive boost, aga8nst all the odds, and I think you from the bottom of my heart for just understanding my tough times. Thank you.

You are more than welcome my fellow supporter and brother in Blue and White. Life is short and time is our most valuable commodity. Use it wisely, some of mine will be used in wishes for your continued well being and many matches to watch the Albion and of course any other things that life may bring.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you. Just watching the second half full re-run on Sky, having watched a dodgy Turkish stream live, and it is magnificent.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thank you. Just watching the second half full re-run on Sky, having watched a dodgy Turkish stream live, and it is magnificent.

Doing the same here as was out all afternoon and missed most of it……we were ****ing magnificent in the second half.

Hope you get yourself sorted 👍

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also watched the full replay, that was a magnificent 2nd half and is so good to see midfielder's chipping in. Long may it continue. Biss and Mwepo look very promising together

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Cucurella 8 -- loved the way that he fizzed the ball into Lallana for our second. The odd mistake in a high stakes performance.

His role was to keep Salah quiet. Currently the world's most exciting player (™). How many shots did Salah have today? 9.5/10 for me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7 A bit of a hospital ball from Dunk but should be aware of attackers nearby
Veltman 8 Very good
Duffy 7 Good but poor positioning for 2nd goal
Dunk 9 Very good
Cucurella 8 Down one because at that stage of game shoul be closer to Salah for 1st goal
Bissouma 9 What a difference he makes
Lalana 9 Great return to Anfield
Moda 8 Good game
Mwepu 9 Always thought came in to replace Bissouma but looks to suit no 10 role
March 8 Good game
Trossard 9 Outstanding

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez 6: Marked down for giving Liverpool a goal that was then scrubbed off. Pretty good other than that incident which could have cost us a point.
Veltman 7: Not much in attack but very solid.
Duffy 6: All at sea for Liverpool’s second. Caught in no man’s land playing Mane onside having committed the same mistake moments before. Good other than that but I can’t score someone over 6 who is mostly responsible for conceding a goal.
Dunk 8: No big mistakes. Solid in everything he did.
Cucurella 7: Not close enough to Salah in the first half and his cross to Mwepu was about 6 inches too high from getting a certain conversation.
Bissouma 8: Brilliantly consistent and that run and shot was so close to grabbing him some glory. Newcastle will have 90mins of him, they’re ****ed.
Mwepu 8: Looks at home in the Premier League. Great goal and almost a second with his head.
Lallana 8: The brains in the midfield. Stunning positioning and made sure he was there with his brilliant one touch football in the final third when it matters. He needs to add goals to his game and should have scored a chance a lot easier than his buddy Henderson converted.
Moder 6: Didn’t rate him. Was a body in midfield to help us out number Liverpool but didn’t look like an attacking threat.
March 6: He didn’t take my eye. Wish he’d given Allison more of a test with his shot. Worked hard but didn’t reach his top form.
Trossard 9: Gets the points for his goal which showed sublime skill and coolness. If only he’d timed his run for the disallowed winner a little better.

Subs

Mac Allister 7: Made more of an impact than Groß and Moder and should be targeting a start.
Lamptey 8: So close to his best. Unplayable at times. Needs some full games under his belt now.
Groß 6: He was fine.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Are people being a bit generous to Big Bob? Not just the Mane incident, but he just watched Henderson's shot go past him. It looked to me as if he might have got it if he had dived.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 6
Veltman 7.5
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Cucurella 7.5
Bissouma 7
Mwepu 8.5
Lallana 8
Moder 7