Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Liverpool (a)

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Potter - 10 game plan was spot on considering the injury's both teams had going into the game. The formation switches really lured Liverpool in and we could play through them and exploit weaknesses brave football which is only possible when a coach has full confidence in his team. Perfect tactics and selection given the players available.

Sanchez - 8 - Didn't have too much to do but really eases the pressure at set pieces, decision making was faultless and he's really stepped up since coming into the side.

White - 8 - Didn't get as involved in the forward play as he has in recent games. However, as a defender when you keep a clean sheet against one of the best sides in the world it's an automatic 8.

Dunk - 9 - So many key blocks, decision making was fantastic,captain performance.

Webster - 9 - Best game for us. He was everywhere reading everything. Our back 3 is looking more and more solid.

March - 7 - Continued his brilliant form this season, a little wasteful with a shot but linked with the midfield beautifully, hope the injury isn't too bad.

Burn - 9 - Best performance for us by a mile only downer was his terrible attempt a few yards out. His part in the goal should not be overlooked so quick and good with his feet for such a big fella.

Bissouma - 8 - Bossed the midfield dictated the pace of the game, can see why he's one of the most wanted midfielders in Europe.

Alzate - 7 - Strange goal but a goal nonetheless, helped us create chances and linked play really well, a few strange passing decisions though.

Gross - 7 - Mr reliable. Another quality pascal gross performance, unlucky not to score, fatigued a bit though.

Trossard - 9 - Aside from MacAllister he's been our best player in this turnaround of form. He's looking confident, dangerous and a key part of the side.

Maupay - 7 - Didn't get any real chances but linked play really well, gives his teammates options and worked extremely hard.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 7
White - 7.5
Webster - 9 MoM
Dunk - 8.5
March - 7
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 7.5
Burn - 8
Alzate - 7
Trossard - 9
Maupay - 8

Connolly - 7

Potter - 10

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How do Connolly and Zequiri get higher marks than Maupay & Alzate. Some very seriously underrating of Maupay's contribution he really put in a shift, unsettling their defenders and defending from the front. Alzate is a bit casual but his style of play is to get teh ball rolling with little interference , when it works it's brilliant. No mistakes and wanted that goal covered a lot of ground.

I certainly noticed last night how hard Maupay worked..... and he nornally does. Something of an unsung hero because he doesn't do what a striker is supposed to do, which is score hatfuls of goals...... but he is our top scorer by a long way.

Trossard was magnificent last night, too. When we first signed him I can remember reading something about him being the next Eden Hazard. I think there were glimpses of that last night.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I certainly noticed last night how hard Maupay worked..... and he nornally does. Something of an unsung hero because he doesn't do what a striker is supposed to do, which is score hatfuls of goals...... but he is our top scorer by a long way.

Trossard was magnificent last night, too. When we first signed him I can remember reading something about him being the next Eden Hazard. I think there were glimpses of that last night.

thing is with Maupay he is prepared to mix it up and their defenders knew he was there. Tackles back as well. Yes it would be good if he scored more goals but his defending from the top of the pitch is really useful.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sanchez - 8 - Massive claim at the end, apart from that, not loads to do
White - 7 - Some crisp passing up the right hand side and a vital part of our brilliant defence
Dunk - 9 - Blocks, blocks and more blocks. Oh yes and some terrific passing
Webster - 9 - MOM - In my Spurs ratings I said he was a £50m player. Now he's a £60m one. Wonderful defending. He F***** loves it as well
Burn - 7 - The most mixed of mixed bags. Brilliant knock back for the goal and some swashbuckling runs. Shocking finish, but then he's not the one who should be in there
March - 7 - The hearts of everyone in the fair city of Brighton and Hove went out to him, when seeing him limp off. Before this, he was hard working and tidy as ever. See you soon Sol
Bissouma - 7 - Slightly below his terrific best, but still got his foot in enough to disrupt
Alzate - 6 - Well done young man for getting the goal. Needs to puff his chest out a bit more. Needs to believe he is no longer a u23 player
Gross - 8 - Possesses beautiful technique to rival anything on that pitch tonight
Trossard - 8 - great footwork and clever passing. Has truly dazzled in the last two games
Maupay - 6 - Hit and miss. Some decent hold up work. Looks good dropping deep. Not getting close enough with chances

Lallana - 4 - Continually found a Liverpool player at Anfield. You signed for us Adam
Connolly - 7 - Decent hold up play
Zeqiri - 7 - He is the right man to bring on up front when you have a lead to protect

Bissouma won the back for us 17 times yesterday. Gotta be at least an 8 for me.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I have learned last night that a player like Dan Burn is allowed to have a nightmare against Wolves if he puts in the kind of shift he did last night. I don't like to fawn over players if I see them in public as it makes me feel sick - but if I saw him today I would probably stop and clap him like an absolute nutcase.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 7.5 -- Not a lot to do really but did it well.
White 8 - Mature confident performance from him.
Dunk 9 -- Back to his very best. Dominated Firmino
Webster 9 Couple of minor errors but excellent and bossed Salah for a lot of the contest. Huge improvement on last season
March 8 -- Injury is a worry. Solid again.
Burn 9 -- Fantastic. I've been a critic of his for performances this season but he ran himself into the ground and did almost everything perfectly.
Bissouma 8.5 -- Great again, harried, won the ball, used it well. what's not to like?
Alzate 8 -- Bit sloppy 1st half but grew into it and ran himself into the ground. Oh and scored the winner!!!
Gross 8 -- Some great balls to get us going plus his usual shift. Excellent again.
Trossard 9 -- So inconsistent but when he's good he's very good and last night he was er very good
Maupay 8 -- Worked ever so hard and prevented them overloading our midfield.

Lallana 7 -- Kept the ball when that was needed.
Connolly 7 -- Offered fresh legs and an outlet
Zeqiri 7 -- Not really on long enough but no one's getting a 6 for last night!

Potter 99 - Masterclass in tactical awareness. Stifled Klopps team and suddenly all the good things I've been seeing from this team without reward are suddenly clicking into place. Long may it continue...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And yet, just under a week ago you started a thread with this context...

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

And I thought a week was a long time in politics!

Not to mention this corker (from yesterday's matchday thread): 'Dan Burn really is a catastrophe.' :dunce:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sad to say, but you just didn’t get that with the previous incumbent.
If Sanchez keeps this up, the hype from pundits etc will begin.
I notice it’s now underway with Webster

Unfortunately Glenn has already kicked this off with his anecdotes about him on R5 last Sunday.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great team performance. Everybody did own job and more
Sachez 8 Clean sheet. In injury time it was first time I have ever while watching Albion celebrated so much because our keeper caught the ball.
White 9 For our CBs to restrict such a good side to so few chances was outstanding,
Dunk 9 As above
Webster 9 As above
March 7 Did well. Strange didnt have to defend as much as he has been on left
Burn 7 Thought he had a nightmare first 20mins so much so thought March may have to revert to the left. So much space down left after we scored as Liverpool pushed forward. Burns awareness and use of this area was very good
Bissouma 7 Maybe a few to many needless fouls but another good game
Gross 7 Good game
Alzate 7 Did a job and learnt at this level dont get much time on ball
Maupay 7 Central striker mighty hard place to play against such a good side but contributed well
Trossard 9 Caused a lot of problems all across front line and midfield. Because of movement and control very hard to mark
Lalana Dont usually mention subs but game was so intense when he came on and instead of been the calming influence he never got into it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here